ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪғᴛʏ💜

"Why is your lips swollen and hair scattered?" Monica asks immediately Wendy opens the door, meanwhile, Wendy keeps a straight face, like she didn't understand what her mum was on about.

"Hi, Chloe," Wendy says waving at her mum's designer, who just mouths a how are you doing to her.

"So she will be wearing Rodan Krevan instead of Alexander Mcqueen?" Monica asks Chloe with a raised eyebrow. It was obvious she wasn't happy with the development, meanwhile, Wendy watches them without uttering a word. "You can take the measurement."

"I do have it, " Chloe Krevan says.

"Chloe, " Monica calls out with a raised eyebrow. "You can see, she was added up."

"Wendy, try this on," Chloe says pointing at the dress, she had put down carefully on her bed.

Wendy silently wonders what was going on in her mum's mind.

Chloe Kevan is one of the best designers in the country, a half-breed. In charge of her sick sister's brand. She is Monica's designer. She is the only person who designs Monica's dresses, for pageants, red carpets, or any event she is attending.

"Mariana Hollaways is coming for this year's Macrina del Rico with her only daughter, I need my daughter's outfit to be splendid," Monica says directly to Chloe.

"Mum, you didn't tell me I was attending Macrina del Rico with you this year, " Wendy says with a raised eyebrow.

"Try that outfit on, you will be wearing it for the get-together. All our relatives will be present, you need to look your best. I don't want Boma trying to intimidate us." Monica says, meanwhile Wendy who knew it was the other way around, silently walks over to her bed, and picks up the gown.

"Wendy, don't do that. I spent a lot on that!" Monica glares. Before turning to Chloe who looked so busy with her cell phone.

"How much are we talking about. I need something magnificent for Macrina del Rico, I wonder what Mariana Hollaways will be putting on!" Monica says with a serious tone. "I need something better than hers, something that will shake the audience," Monica says.

"Shaking people is kind of like my hobby!" Chloe smiles.

"I like the sound of that. I need to steal the show, Wendy's outfit should be something to talk about too. The paparazzi needs to carry it.” Monica says while she checks her phone.

"I will need you to pay in $2000, as an advance, it will cover the cost of the get-together and partly Macrina del Rico," Chloe says with a calm smile.

"On it!" Monica responds. "If there is something that can make her boobs smaller, I'm trying it," Monica complains eyeing her daughter's breasts.

             _____________________________🖊

"Ibinabor, drop that!" Boma calls out to her daughter. Meanwhile, Ibinabor drops her phone on the counter, it was obvious she wasn't happy. "Make yourself useful." Ibinabor rolls her eyes.

"Mum, but Anita and Temi..., "

"You heard your father, this is for the family, he doesn't want the slightest mistake. So I have to handle it myself." Boma cuts her daughter, off.

"Mum, I'm tired," Ibinabor complains.

"I wonder what wears you off, because the only thing you do in this house is a bath, eat and press that useless phone of yours all day," Boma complains while she arranges the carrot.

"Because there is nothing for me to do. Besides I am busy." Ibinabor blurts out.

"With Instagram?" Boma asks with a raised eyebrow. "You can help with the chores!" Boma suggests.