ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜

Don't forget to vote and comment
🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

       Wendy looks through the window, completely lost in her world. The ride home appears to be taking longer than necessary. But why not? When her father came to pick her up.

"Baby!" Kelvin calls out, still gripping the steering wheel. When he doesn't get a response, he tones his voice higher. "Wendy!" He calls out.

Wendy, who appeared distracted, turns to him immediately, looking perplexed. Shutting her eyes, she tries to remember what her father said.

"You are very quiet today. It is unlike you! What is wrong?" Kelvin asks looking for a clear space to pack.

"Dad, it's nothing!" Wendy says while staring ahead. She turns to her father with a raised eyebrow as soon as the car comes to a stop.

"Do not say it is nothing. We will not leave until you tell me what is wrong," Kelvin says, as if he could read her mind. Wendy shrugs and gives him a disbelieving expression. "Wendy!" He calls out, turning to her.

"There is a new girl at school!" Wendy draws a deep breath.

"Is she bullying you?" Kelvin inquires almost immediately.

Wendy scoffed.
"Dad, you realize it is the other way around!" She smiles and turns to Kelvin, who has a blank expression. "She appears to be smarter, Dad; she outperformed me on the midterm test. I do not want to fail? Wendy says this with a face full of emotion.

"Wendy, we both know you never fail. You are at the top!" Kelvin acknowledges her with a smile.

"Dad, you do not understand. I shouldn't be part of the tops. But stay at the top. I should be better than everyone!" Wendy tries to explain.

"You are sounding like your mother!" Kelvin says with a serious expression.

"If I do not come out on top, I will be grounded for the holidays. Mum will lock me up like usual. I know what I went through last vacation, " Wendy says with a worried expression.

"It is your mother, as always. She is constantly looking for ways to prove that she is superior to everyone else. Wendy, you cannot kill yourself. Do within your capacity. You know daddy is always proud of you!"

"I don't want to disappoint Mum, " Wendy says with a weak smile.

"Wendy, I have never wanted you to be like the Anetes. You appear to be portraying most of their characteristics!" Kelvin says. Meanwhile, Wendy rolls her eyes.

"When will you stop hating on Uncle?" Wendy groans.

"You didn't just roll your eyes at me!" Kelvin asks with a stern look.

"I didn't, something got into my eyes!" Wendy says this while cleaning her eyes with her handkerchief. Kelvin looks at her for a moment and nods his head.

"Wendy you can always move in with me permanently. Your mother is very irresponsible." Kelvin says.

"Dad, when will you and Mum stop trying to defame yourselves in my presence?" Wendy groans.

"You know the truth. I can see the proper parenting she is providing for you. Is she always home? If I had my way, I would have taken you away from her a year ago. That idiot Robert is to blame, " Kelvin says with a serious look.

"Now it's Uncle?" Wendy inquires with a raised eyebrow. "Dad, you are also guilty; you are always busy with work," Wendy admits.

"But I still make time for you and your sisters!" Kelvin argues.