CHAPTER SEVENTEEN💜

April could not contain her shock when she saw who was standing in front of her. His jaw was perfectly formed, and he had these adorable eyes. He has pink lips. He just looked perfect.

"Hi," he says.

April, whose mouth has suddenly become dry, manages to murmur a response.

"For formality's sake," he smiles, revealing his dimples. "I am Nimi Brown!" He makes an introduction. April could not help but gaze into his eyes.

"April Kuti!" She manages to respond.
She noticed him smiling and scratching the back of his head. He appeared to be short on words.

"You were among those with the best Chemistry scores. I am struggling with that subject." He says nervously. April, who appeared uncomfortable, gave a weak smile. Their conversation was incredibly awkward. "I would like to be your friend?" He inquired. Meanwhile, April attempts to say something. "If that is okay with you, we can both help each other academically. I am very good in Mathematics, Physics, Further Maths, and Chemistry," he scoffs. "I do not really understand why I failed." He says to April, who appears speechless and tongue-tied. Having such a handsome dude in her presence left her speechless. She had no idea what to say to him. He was clearly making a friendly gesture.

"Nimi, please leave that girl alone. She just arrived; do not spoil her!" Someone says obviously saving April who had nothing to say. Nimi simply smiled out. She could consider that one of his most valuable assets. His smile and gray eyeballs.

"Idiot. You are present and can tell what is going on here!" Nimi responds while laughing. Meanwhile, April turns to face the person Nimi was talking to, only to discover Tari standing almost in front of her. She wonders how he got there so quickly.

"See, do not listen to anything he says. If he says you are beautiful, run. Do not trust that Yoruba demon!" Efe speaks directly to April. He sounded serious, but you could tell he was joking.

"She is a Yoruba girl as well. Can not you hear her surname? They go well together!" Tari remark.

"Are you from Yoruba?" You do not look like them! I assumed you were from Ikwerre," Gideon says.

"Ikwerre fit get this fine girl? ( Can Ikwerre people have such beautiful people?), " Tunde, a boy from the back seat says.

"As you resemble what they vomited," Gideon attacks. April, who was uncomfortable, tries to take her seat and immediately looks up. She notices Flourish glaring at her. She takes a seat, perplexed as to why people are so hostile to her today. Wendy started it, and now it is Flourish.

_______________________________🖊

"Ibinabor, I just despise that new girl!" Flourish complains the moment she drops her bag on her bed. She begins removing her uniform immediately. They were the only ones left in the hostel. They left the classroom as soon as the bell rang. They knew that at any moment, students would begin to pour in and out.

"The April Girl?" Ibinabor asks, as if she were uninterested. She appeared to be upset about something.
"Was it because she had the highest score? Your brother did, too. I am just glad Wendy did not get the highest score. Did you see her face?" Ibinabor inquires, trying her best to smile.

"Not that. Didn't you see how Nimi was talking to her? Nimi is mine, no one can have him!" Flourish proclaims.

"As his mother. Is he your boyfriend? He refuses to notice you. Just move on, please. I dislike the fact that my own friend is throwing herself at a boy. It makes you look cheap." Ibinabor complains. The look on Flourish's face indicated that she had been provoked.