CHAPTER SIX💜

April tries to keep her heart rate under control. Strange looks had been directed at her ever since she was dragged into the classroom. She wishes she could simply disappear.

She is finally settled in at the middle row. She noticed how well-made the chairs were. It was not the typical wooden desks and chairs she was accustomed to. It consisted of three chairs and their respective desks. It was not splittable.

With Science sitted close to her, she could easily peer through the window. There was a boy who appeared to be a half-caste at the extreme. There are a reasonable number of students. It was Science class. Everyone wants to go to science class, even those who know nothing about it. April caught sight of Dumlesi, who was seated calmly between two boys in the second row. A distracting noise catches her attention as she smiles, imagining how dramatic Dunmlesi could be. This appeared to distract the entire class. It was building up in the back row. Two girls were exchanging words.

"Darlintina, please, I am talking to you nicely; get off my seat." A fair-skinned girl who appeared to be Fulani says with anger on her face

"Aisha, there are so many seats here," Darlintina, who appeared to be causing trouble, says as she crosses her.

"Darlintina, get up, na. Why are you so troublesome?" Adiza, clearly Aisha's friend, says with a frown.

"Adiza, this does not concern you," Precious says, siding with Darlintina.

"But this is clearly my seat; why are you girls always looking for trouble? Darlintina, I don't have strength for you and those possess creatures you call friends this term. "Just leave my seat," Aisha, who had clearly lost her cool, says. But she was not expecting the hard push, and she ended up on the floor. Looking up, her gaze meets Wendy's mischievous smirk.

"You seem stupid; if you are dealing with Darlintina, do not involve me. You are calling me a possessive creature? Wendy inquires with a smile that did not reach her eyes.

"Wendy, she did not mention your name na," Tari, the class's troublemaker, exclaims.

"Ah, Wendy, you pushed a Fulani girl down," Efe, Tari's close friend, says.

"Not only is she a Fulani girl, but her father is also a high-ranking Army officer," Gideon, another boy in the class, says with wicked laughter.

"Oh, shut up," Wendy, who was already tired of hearing their nonsense, says.

"Who is scared of her father?" "Do you know who my daddy is?" A short dark girl, clearly Wendy's friend, says with irritation.

"Hian, who is speaking?" Tari inquires earnestly.

"We can not even see who is speaking," Efe says with a sly smile.

"Short engine." Gideon says something that causes the entire class to laugh.
April, who had been watching the entire drama, could not help but smile.

"Gideon, or whatever you call yourself, it appears you are mad," Boma says, trying to contain her embarrassment.

"Gideon, you do not want to be in my black book this term. You, of all people, should be aware of what I am capable of." Wendy confronts Gideon, while the class becomes quiet. You could even hear a pin drop. Gideon knew Wendy's capabilities. He was aware that clashing with her this term was best avoided. He slowly picks up his bag and sits down. When he realized all eyes were on him, he quietly turns to Wendy. "Sorry, Abeg," he says.
Wendy gives a satisfied smile.

"Gideon, I am disappointed that you let this thing bully you," Efe says, clearly getting on Wendy's nerves.

"Efe, did you call me a thing?" Wendy asks, enraged.