ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ💜

"Honestly, I thought something very serious was wrong with you," Light tells April. He was currently standing in front of a stall.
He could hear the sound of flowing water.

"Please pass me my bag," April asks as she opens the door. He hands it to her. She opens it carefully, takes something out, and closes it.

"You use lady care?" Light asks as he takes the bag from her.

"You ask the most irrelevant questions!" April replies as she shuts the door. She wondered why she was so open with Light; interacting with boys was not her thing. And here they were behaving as if they had known each other since childhood.

In less than fifteen minutes April is out. Light immediately turns toward her.

"I wonder how embarrassing that was!" Light replies with a smile. April also takes a moment to pause and smile.

"I felt like disappearing. This is the worst day of my entire life!" April announces with both hands covering her face in a childish manner. Remembering Jordan saw it too.

"Honestly. I was wondering what was wrong when Nimi handed me the paper." Light confirms.

"Light I am tempted to disappear. I did not expect it. It was not supposed to be out today, and I did not even feel anything." April confirms. All the while, Light had a small smile on his lips. "Devil been devil. I forgot my blazers!"

"Whose is this?" Light asks while they both heard out.

"Nimi!" April responds.

           ______________________________🖊

  April tries her hardest not to cry because her cramps were unbearable.
She frequently asked if she was the only one who experienced cramps for five days in a row. Even though she took painkillers, they never helped. Those five days were consistently her worst of the month. She wondered why God allowed women to have monthly cycles, and if there was nothing else he could do. Because it was torture.

She was very grateful that it was a Friday. Fortunately, they did not have much to do. She dreaded the social night.

When she feels a hand on her back, she looks up, only to meet Nimi's gaze. Her breath hitched, He had this concerned look on his face. She always wondered why she couldn't get used to his presence, he always had this effect on her, she didn't know if it was because of how handsome he was, but Light was also handsome too. She had concluded it was his grey eyes which got her. Deep down she knew it was a childish excuse.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"It's just cramps. I will be okay." She responds. That was when it dawned on her, they were the only ones in the class. She remembered asking Light to get snacks for her while he was coming back. Even though she knew the pains won't allow her to eat in peace.

"Sorry." He says rubbing her back.

"Why haven't you gone for a break?" She asks.

"I want to keep you company!" Nimi smiles. She returns the smile, despite the pains she was feeling. His smile was contiguous. "So are you the only child?" He asks trying to start a conversation.

"No, I have an elder sister, " April manages to respond.

"Great, I have always wanted a younger sister." Nimi smiles. "Someone I will spoil, " He smiles.

"You don't have a sister?"

"No!" He says calmly.

"Only child?" April asks.

"Of my dad actually. My mum has an older son." Nimi says. She is quick to notice his change In countenance. She shifts the subject as she senses that he is not comfortable with the conversation.

"So you started this school from what class?" April asks.

"JSS1!" Nimi responds almost immediately. She smiles out. "You are from Yoruba right?" He asks.

"A true Lagosian!" She responds with a smile.

"Me too. Do you speak Yoruba fluently? Because I don't. Every time I visit, my grandmother will not let me be." Nimi moans like a little child. April found it cute.

"I can not even speak." April laughs.

"Which Yoruba girl can't speak?" Nimi laughs.

"The one in front of you. I speak Ikwerre fluently. My mum is an Ikwerrian. My Dad is late." April says.

"So sorry about that!" Nimi says in a calm tone. April smiled because she was tired of people taking pity on her when she mentioned her father was late. That is why she avoided it entirely.

"It is in the past," she says, making an effort to smile.

           ______________________________🖊

April looks up quite anxious. She had left Science and Dumlesi in the Social Hall, saying she needed to use the restroom; they appeared too interested in whatever was going on, so she did not bother asking them to accompany them.

Seeing Ibinabor stare at her made her wonder what she had done wrong. She tried to walk past her, but was stopped.

"Sorry?" She inquires with raised eyebrows.

"That is what your friend will tell you when I am done with you," Ibinabor attacks right away.

April looks sideways before looking up at her; she clearly does not recall crossing her part. What was the problem? They had not crossed paths since she started school.

"Honestly, I do not know what I did wrong; as far as I can remember, I have not done anything to you, so it is kind of surprising to me," April says innocently.

"Stop playing innocent with me," Ibinabor says with a stern expression. "Look, if I want to ruin your stay at this school, it is simple. I believe you are still new here; no one has warned you against messing with me. My father founded this school, so I have all the advantages. Do not mess with me. This is a friendly warning. I will not repeat myself." Ibinabor hurries her words.

"But I have not done anything wrong to you, and you are basically wasting my time," April, who had clearly lost her patients, says in rage.

Ibinabor pauses to smile.
"And she wants to sass me!" Ibinabor laughs.

"Honestly, I do not want any problems with you. Can I leave?" April inquires with a raised eyebrow. She does not wait for a response and starts walking away.

"Watch your back!" This statement causes her to turn to Ibinabor, wondering what she did to deserve such a threat.

1059 WORDS🌹