CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE💜

Oh boy, I think I have updated up to ten chapters if not more today😭😭😭

I'm tired.
Next time.

Don't forget to vote and comment, it might trigger an update.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

April tries to increase her pace, because someone had been following her ever since she took the route. Her heart beats profusely. She couldn't deny the fact she was scared. Silently cursing herself for not joining Dumlesi and Nancy, now remembering school just resumed, the environment was bound to be lonely.

Wondering who was following her, she increases her pace, she turns back only to see a guy in a hoodie, she couldn't really make out who he was, she attempts to start running when she notices he did the same. She stops, her hand trembling. She looks back only to see the person coming with full force. She picks to her heels, she could taste the saltiness in her mouth, That was when she realized she was crying.

She finally picks up her heels, the person who had been trolling behind her does the same, her heart beating profusely, she runs like her life depends on it. Immediately she sights the light from the cafeteria, she starts shedding tears. Once she gets to the entrance of the cafeteria, she hugs the first person she sights. Knowing who it was, she tries to catch her breath, with her eyes shut. Her face was still stained with tears. She tries very hard to calm her heartbeat.

She hugs the person who soothes her back for some time before slowly releasing herself.

"What happened?" Jordan asks. Meanwhile, April's mouth suddenly grew dry, she couldn't tell why she suddenly lost her voice, feeling like the ground should open up and swallow her because of the stares she was getting. She could feel Wealth and Goriola's hot gaze on her. She was sure they were wondering, what was wrong.

The look Dumlesi and Nancy were giving her was something she couldn't explain.

April stares at him with her breath hitched, she wonders if he got handsome every day. When she noticed it was becoming awkward and she was just staring. She moves back a little.

"I'm sorry!" She mutters and starts walking away immediately. She knew fear wouldn't let her go back to the hostel, and she wasn't hungry either. The environment was just too tense.

Immediately she apologizes, she doesn't look back. She walks down to their regular spot. She noticed that Science had this confused look while Dumlesi expression was mixed, like she was judging or accusing her of something.

April takes a deep breath while she faces the table, remembering she just walked out without giving Jordan an answer, she looks back but doesn't see any sign of him or his friends. She looks ahead again.

"April, when did you become friends with Senior Jordan?" Dumlesi asks with a serious look on her face.

"You just hugged him?" Science asks with a blank expression. That was when it dawned on April, that they just misunderstood what happened. She did not just see him and hug him in the way they imagined, and she had no idea how they imagined it.

"Somebody was chasing me!" April manages to respond. She could see the shock on Dumlesi's and Nancy's faces.

"Huh?" Nancy asks.

______________________________🖊

Jordan opens his book for the fourth time, only to have Ibinabor close it as usual. This was the fourth time she had done this, and it was getting on his nerves. He looks up at her, trying not to yell.