CHAPTER SEVEN💜

April, who was staring at her lunch and sipping her Lucozade boost, was really hungry. She knew if the physics teacher did not leave the classroom after the bell rang. She would have fainted.

"April, the food is not running," Dumlesi says disgustedly, eliciting a glare from Science.

"Leave her alone, you can tell she is hungry." Science inquires while biting into her gala. Meanwhile, Nancy pulls out one of the chairs and joins them. They suddenly became silent. Nancy does not appear to be affected. She clearly opens her Coke and begins sipping. No one speaks for a while before Dumlesi breaks the silence as usual.

"You left early?" She mentions playing with her yogurt.

"Yes," Nancy says, concentrating on her snacks. Dumlesi was aware that Science was upset with Nancy due to her behavior, but she chose to remain silent about it.

   The sound of broken glass is heard, which immediately draws everyone's attention.
   However, April swiftly turns to face the source of the sound and sees Flourish and Ibinabor glaring dagger at Wendy, who strangely had a smile on her face.

"Breaking things does not make you any better; you are still a loser," Wendy tells Flourish, unconcerned that everyone in the canteen is staring.

"Gosh, your mouth stinks," Flourish says, covering her nose with her left hand dramatically. This act makes some people laugh. April, who did not find the situation amusing, keeps a straight face while watching the drama.

"That is lame; is that all you could think of? Girl, your comeback is as inexpensive as you are. "No offense, please," Wendy says, blinking her eyes dramatically. She turns to face Ibinabor, who is clearly frowning. Her eyes were filled with hatred.

"I always tell you to avoid me, and I will do the same, but you choose to cross my path. Ibinabor, you of all people should know what I am capable of," Wendy says, staring at Ibinabor, who is also staring daggers at her. "Tell your puppets to watch their backs, Flourish; you have no idea what I am capable of; I.b can tell you all about it. I am not someone to be trifled with," Wendy says, turning to face Flourish.

"We both know that I am not afraid of you, Wendy!"Says Ibinabor.

Wendy says, "Aww, flatter yourself," as she blinked.

"Wendy, do not get on my.....," Ibinabor could barely finish her sentence because someone was practically dragging her out of the canteen. Wendy laughs heartily as she watches the guy pull Ibinabor away. With the way she was acting, it appeared that she already had a mouthful to lash out at Wendy.

"Bitch!" Flourish hisses and walks away before hearing Wendy's response.

     Everyone resumes their normal activities as if nothing had happened. Meanwhile, April, who had a lot to say, could not hold it in.

"Do fights happen all the time?" April asks, clearly dopping her snacks.

"I do not understand," Science replies.

"I mean, it is my first day of classes, and all I see is people fighting and quarreling," April says, her eyes full of questions.

"No, no, no!" Dumlesi exclaims, grabbing their attention.

"Huh?" Science asks in a perplexed tone.

"Do not misquote it; all I see is Wendy Opurum, Flourish Alikor, and Ibinabor Anete," Dumlesi says with a sly smile.

"Those girls are literally the problems we have at school, and it is unfortunate that they are our classmates," Science says while sipping her drink.

"I silently pray that they all leave this school in the same way, Tibiebi.M. Jackson left," Dumlesi says and hisses, leaving April to wonder who Tibiebi was and why she left.