ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜

April folds her clothes properly, while she arranges her box. Everyone had started preparing their things to go home. She finished her last paper four days ago.

But per the tradition of Hallel college, no one was leaving till the Christmas Carol and the distribution of results was done.

April wouldn't deny the fact she had spent the last four days eating and sleeping. Although Science had urged her to join them in the preparation for the Christmas Carol.

Science was obviously presenting something. If there was any preparation going on for Carol, April had no idea.

"Las las, it's still our Sunday wears, we will put on for this carol!" Science groans making April smile. "There is this red gown Mum just got me, I would have loved to slay in it," Science says and laughs.

"Then use it." April jokes.

"So you hate me this much!" Science says while she drags her box down too. "I'm sure SS3 ballers will surely host a party on new year's eve," Science says to April.

"That's nice!" April who didn't seem interested In this topic says.

"It would have been if I wasn't traveling to South Africa for the holidays," Science says.

"Your parents stay there?" April asks.

"No, Grandma does. That's where we have our family reunion. All her kids and grandkids visit every Christmas. But we didn't go last year, dad said we must go this year." Science says.

          ______________________________🖊

   April hugs herself while she walks to another side of the social hall.

Carol night was the next day, and students were already making preparations.

The senior students were the ones organizing the Junior students to do the work. She knew the credit would always be there, even though the only thing they did was stand and order students around or sit and order students around. Being a senior was one of the sweetest things in secondary school. April thought with a smile on her face.

Her smile suddenly turns into shock immediately Jordan appears in front of her, wondering when he got there, and where he came from, she takes a proper view of him.

He was clad in the school day wear, with a very heavy sweater. He looked sick.

"Seems like I knew I would see you here. I saw this In the music room, I thought you were going to get it one of these days, but you didn't. Wondering what you read for exams. You thought it was missing right?" Jordan asks. All this while April stared at him without uttering a word. She could guess he didn't remember anything. Because of the way and confidence, he approached her with. "What's wrong?" Jordan asks negligently what was going on.

"Nothing. Thank you!" April says casually, while she stretches her hands to collect the textbook. He releases it to her without breaking eye contact. She believed he was trying to decipher what was going on using her facial expression. Because she obviously sounded cold, which was unlike her.

Yes, he always made her speechless and uncomfortable, but today she wasn't feeling speechless, and neither was she uncomfortable, she just felt like moving away from his sight, just one look on his face, and everything that happened came gushing into her memory.

"You okay?" Jordan asks with an honest look on his face.

"Yes." She responds almost immediately.

"So this first term, done and dusted right?" He asks with a smile, obviously trying to make a conversation which definitely affected on April, she simply looks away. The awkward feelings were back again.