ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ💜

Everyone becomes silent as soon as Nancy joins the table. This was the third day since her arrival, and it was the first time she had joined them at the table.

She had little conversation with them, particularly Science. It was very awkward when April saw her, it seemed like she was a ghost. Sincerely, judging from her actions, anyone could believe that information.

"Why are you staring at me, Dumlesi? Do you have anything to say to me?" Nancy asked out of the blue, not seeming to be interested in her food. April feels as though there will be conflicting reactions and abruptly loses her appetite.

"Pardon?" Dumlesi asks.

"Yeah. Since you were the one who started the ghost thing. Yes, I told you I was in the hospital, did you expect me to die?" April is intrigued by this statement. She gives Dumlesi her full attention. And the fact that it was the first time she had seen Nancy have a direct conversation piqued her interest.

"Dumlesi. You knew she was sick?" Nancy asks directly. Meanwhile, Dumlesi drops her spoon.

"She visited me at home, after she left that Saturday. I was rushed to the hospital." Nancy says.

"Dumlesi. But you said you don't know anything about Nancy, her parents, home. In fact anything about her." April felt compelled to contribute.

She also noticed Dumlesi had not said anything. She did not even attempt to defend herself.

"Dumlesi. Why did you start the ghost issue?" Nancy asks not losing eye contact with Dumlesi.

  Before they could say another thing. Dumlesi was already on her feet. She picks up her food and walks over to another table. April stares at her wondering what was wrong with her.

She watches Nancy face her food without saying anything else. Trying to face her own food. She hears a loud noise, as if someone had fallen.

  She immediately turns to face the direction of the sound; she had no idea when she stood up. To her surprise, she saw that Light was having trouble breathing.

"What is wrong with him?" Science inquires immediately. The cafeteria suddenly becomes extremely rowdy. April feels Science pull her over to the scene unexpectedly. The sight of Light struggling for breath shook her; she suddenly tasted salt in her mouth, and she realized she was crying.

"Light. Where is your inhaler?" Flourish who was on her kneels asks? You could see the fear in her eyes.

"I haven't seen him with any inhaler since we got back!" Nimi says this while rummaging through Lights bag.

That was when it dawned on April that he was a asthmatic. But she couldn't ever recall seeing him with an inhaler. Before she could think of something else. She could see both Senior Wealth and Goriola. That is when it clicked. The resemblance was profound, but she never noticed it. Wealth had a fair complexion. Light, on the other hand, appeared to be of mixed race.

"Lift him!" was the last thing Wealth said. In a matter of minutes. Light had been moved out of the hall.

"I never knew he had asthma," Science confirms.

   ______________________________🖊

"Wait! So Precious you have been seeing my boyfriend behind my back all this while?" Boma couldn't believe what she had seen faces, Precious. They were inside the dorm. Most students weren't in.

Wendy who was tired of trying to stop whatever was going on finally gives up. Meanwhile, Darlintina watched without uttering a word.

"Boma, leave the way!" Precious who seemed like she wanted to leave the room says with a raised eyebrow because Boma was standing in her way.