Chapter 58 - Live again

Start from the beginning

After getting off the train and seeing her hometown, Y/N began to cry. She didn't know what happiness it was to be at home. See the streets she's been running around since childhood. As if she could breathe freely again. As if all her problems remained there - on the mainland. And they can't get to her here.

Levi observed Y/Ns reactions. He saw her eyes sparkle, he hadn't seen her like this in a long time. She was glad to be back home. A blush appeared on her face. At first, the idea of returning to Paradis didn't appeal to him much because of the risks involved, but he admitted, albeit with difficulty, that he didn't want to be alone on the mainland. His life there was... worthless if not for Y/N. And he didn't want to stay there without her. But now, back on Paradis, he, too, felt in the right place, as if everything was as it should be. He knew that here he would find something to do. That here he wouldn't be just a lonely handicapped. He felt that the desire to live was returning to him.

Oscar took them straight to the palace. He escorted Y/N and Levi to one of the spacious offices where Y/N had never been before. The palace hasn't changed much this year, but still - there were new chandeliers powered by electricity. Now all the houses in the Capital were equipped with electricity, it was the first of the cities.

- Wait here for a while, there is water in the cupboard and there should be something to eat, I will be back soon.

Oscar left them.

- Do you trust this guy?

- Yes, he is Damian's best friend, do you remember him?

- Your guardsman, yes, I remember.

- He's not mine, but yes. Oscar is a good guy, he brought us to the palace, and no one even paid attention to us yet. I think so far so good.

They sat alone for about an hour, talking about what was happening and what each of them expected. Until they finally arrived.

- Of course, I understand that we are friends, Oscar. But your reason must be extremely serious, since you distracted me from the meeting of the royal council.

- Oh, believe me, friend, this is a serious reason.

- And for some reason this «reason» is in my office, this is again some kind of prank or...

The door opened. Damian entered the office...

- Y/N...

- Damian...

Y/N threw herself into the arms of her friend. He hugged her tightly, lifting her up and holding her close to him.

- God, Y/N... When I wrote that you would return, and didn't think... I didn't think that you would return so soon...

- I didn't plan it myself, but... I came home, Damian...

He kissed the top of her head and lowered her to the floor.

- «But how? Ships from Marley don't come here, and...», His gaze fell on her companion. «You didn't come alone... Captain!»

- «Not anymore, but... good to see you», Levi told him with a slight nod.

- Damian, I'll tell you everything when...

- I understand, Historia is at the royal council now. I'll have to wait, but then I'll bring them. Her and Sasha. Hitch is went to Stohess to her family for a couple of days, so you'll see her later. And I will arrange for food to be brought to you.