Acceptance: 3

The funeral is about to begin and I was meant to lead the forest nomads through it.

Baraka was the one to do that for so long I forgot that what it was like...

Anyway, I walked up to forest nomads section and saw the ones remaining getting ready together. Hesha was even holding Zaraka in her hands.

The place was still a mess. Gilgamesh couldn't fix all of Uruk at once and his forces were spread thin. The entire city needed repairs and that's not counting the destroyed walls.

Looking at the far end of the section, I saw the mural they made for me covered in cracks with a large part of the top being broken into pieces.

I hated it. I hated seeing this place so full of life and beauty once become... this.

"I'm... not human," I repeated one more time. "I have no limits," this time, I spoke in a firmer tone, knowing what I shou- no, what I NEED to do.

I changed to my rock elements and held my hands forward. No more asking if I can or can't. No more wondering if its beyond me.

I'll just do it.

The rocks and rubble lifted off the ground and they began floating back to their original place. Many people were spooked, but they all relaxed when they saw me.

The pieces all fitted together and melded back into place. Soon enough, the place looked exactly like it was before the Gugalanna attack.

I let my arms drop and changed to my wood element. "Alright, let's get going, everyone," I said without really caring for their awe this time.

I took a quick at the now fixed mural before leaving and read the text in it. ("Our Guardian Zakrim",) I mentally read.

I was curious why it said "Zakrim", and I found out its because there's no correct way to write just "Zack" in Mesopotamian text.

All of Uruk was gathered in front of the southern wall of the city. Gilgamesh was sitting in a large throne in front of the people of Uruk with Enkidu besides him, most of the cracks being gone and looking almost like he's completely healed.

The reason we were holding one large funeral is apparently to help Ereshkigal control the flow of souls. According to Gilgamesh, Kur - the Underworld - can in fact get crowded if too many people die at once, and Ereshkigal can't handle the overflow since she needs to personally see them rested.

I was standing in front of the remaining forest nomads. I just felt... I don't know? Compelled to be here instead of at the center with Gilgamesh.

If he or Enkidu had a problem with it, they didn't say or show anything.

Anyway, the bodies were all wrapped up behind us. They were surrounded by unlit lanterns that formed a circle around them.

Gilgamesh raised his hand and one of his fingers began glowing gold. Then, one by one, the lanterns all suddenly began lighting up through his command.

I just stood and watched what will happen next. To my surprise, the fires turned blue. The bodies themselves caught fire out of nowhere, but seeing Gilgamesh's and Enkidu's faces remain unmoving, I figured that was supposed to happen.

What happened next was what really surprised me.

Whisps of fire, one from each body, flew out and began heading towards the horizon. A large, ghost-like silhouette with a feminine figure suddenly appeared where the souls were headed, but its appearance was blurry.

That was Ereshkigal.

Ereshkigal's figure seemed to hold her cloak open as the souls got closer, and they started going in one at a time. Almost like they were set in order with each one knowing when their turn will be.

(I'm sorry, Baraka,) I thought to as I watched the whisp from Baraka's body pass on. (I promise, I will live up to the guardian you believed me to be.)

Knowing that Ereshkigal was definitely gonna make sure all those souls rest in peace really helped me deal with everything.