Underworld Flowers: 2

Hades was looking at me, waiting for my answer at his request while completely ignoring my earlier remark about Underworld gods.

Honestly, this was tough. Anywhere else, I can grow flowers as fast as a thought, but I knew that the Underworld's death filled nature makes plant-life almost completely impossible to grow.

Unless you have Avalon, and I don't really have it.

I do now. I will forever hold it against Vivian for sticking Merlin there so he can bother the shit out of me.

"That is... a tough request. I would like something in return," I started.

"I already am doing much for you, yet you ask for more?"

"What if I we think of this as a bonus reward if I managed to complete this request in a week?" I asked.

Hades raised his eyebrow. "I have attempted to grow life in my realm for centuries, yet you claim you can do it in a week?"

"Do we have a deal?" I asked.

Hades nodded. "Very well. What is this request?"

Alright, here goes... well, not everything literally, but a LOT. "Do you have access to Reverse Side?"

Hades nodded, which isn't surprising since the Underworld IS underground during the Age of Gods and he most likely has a connection to that place.

"I want you to take the Shapeless Isles there and keep the Gorgon sisters under your protection."

The whole place fell quiet as Hades simply stared at me. I didn't falter. This was finally the chance to get some permanent protection for the sisters after Zeus' protection is over, and being in the Reverse Side should also protect them from the decline of the age of gods along with keeping them safe from anyone who tries to attack them.

"That is a rather tall order," Hades leaned forward and rested his chin on his hands. "You are asking me for something that takes a lot of work?"

"Aren't you doing the same?" I asked back.

The god of the Underworld actually chuckled. "Very well. Should you be able to achieve my request and grow flowers within a week, I will do your request. However, should you fail to do it in a week, you will still stay to create the flowers but I will not help the Gorgon sisters."

"Alright, sounds fair enough," I nodded to Hades' terms.

Honestly, I really didn't know if I can do it. Not only have I never tried something like this before, but I also have no idea on how to begin. However, this WAS a solution to my problems, so I can't let this chance slip by.

I still underestimated how hard it would be.

"Dammit!" I groaned as another patch of flowers died as soon as they grew.

This will be harder than I thought.