Big Boy, Big Shield: 1

Third POV:

Deep within the mountains near the top, snow fell down from the sky, covering the area in a white soft blanket.

In one of the valleys near the top, the sound of battle rang through the area. The place was surrounded by walls of rock with a frozen river cutting through the area.

A figure smacked on one of the walls, causing snow to blow up and create a smoke screen. The figure stumbled forward before they stood straight.

The snow smokescreen went away to reveal Svend. He looked a bit older. His clothes were torn apart with only his pants holding together but still having a couple of tears. His shields had heavy signs of battle with one of them having part of the top torn out.

Svend let out a steaming breath as he stared at his opponent. In front of him lay a giant. Three times his size with a spear to match and stone-skin almost as white as the snow around them.

Besides the giant lay a similar one, though that one was dead and was laying on the ground.

Svend raised his shields and charged forward. The giant reeled back his spear and swung forward at the ground, sending chunks of stone and ice towards the human.

Svend joined his shields in front of him without stopping, protecting himself from the incoming wave. When he passed through, the giant swung down his spear, trying to smash the human.

Svend rolled away from the attack. When he corrected himself, Svend flipped the torn shiled so that the torn part was facing forward. He jumped on the spear as it was still in the ground from the last attack and used it as a platform to jump straight towards the giant's head.

Svend swung his torn shield, the torn yet sharp edge cutting through the giant's face and knocking it on to it's back. Landing on it's chest, Svend raised both shields before smashing them on the giant's head, effectively killing it.

The young man stopped to take a few steaming breaths before he got off the giant and started walking by the frozen Riverside towards the of the mountain.

He was getting closer. He can feel it.

It wasn't long until Svend found himself staring at the horizon from the top of the mountain. In there, a spear covered in snow and ice was stabbed to the ground.

First POV: Zack:

Boy, it's been seriously boring lately with Svend gone. It's only been two years and I'm already thinking of going to visit him.

Can't believe how much I got used to his presence.

"Don't you have more runes to teach me?" I asked Yggdrasil as I was sitting on a stone chair while resting my head on my hand.

"You're already fluent with runes enough as it is. Can't you make something with your elements to entertain yourself?" Yggdrasil replied.

"Well, excuse me for not being able to see the whole Nine Realms," I groaned before I had an idea. "Wait!... Runes?... My elements?"

"What are you thinking, Zack?" Yggdrasil's voice was full of suspicion.

I turned to my rock element and focused on the ground in front of me. Soon, the ground began to mold and change shape before it finally changed to look like a fire rune was written.

The rune lit up as soon as it was finished and a small fire appeared. "Ha! It worked!" I jumped from my seat and raising my hands in victory.

"Zack... did you just create Runes with your mind?" Yggdrasil asked.

"Yup," I nodded while putting my hands on my waists. "Why do you ask?"

"Zack, Literally the only other person that can create runes at will like this is the person who created Runes in the first place, Odin," Yggdrasil explained.

"Oh," I stared at Yggdrasil for a few moments before shrugging my shoulders. "Neat, I guess."

"I could spend a whole week explaining how that reaction is so insulting, but I have to tell you that Svend returned," Yggdrasil groaned out.

"Ah, finally," I groaned out as I turned to my wood element and began heading for where Svend's energy was coming from.

It didn't take me long to find him. He grew bigger in the last couple of years. He gained a bit of a tan and his hair was long again. He also was starting to show signs of a beard and mustache.

Svend held the spear I left him towards me. "What's my next mission, Meistari?" He asked.

"Easy kid. You just came back and you need some clean up," I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder. "Now, let's get you into some new clothes. And, I guess it's time to make you a proper shields," I added looking at his broken ones.

Svend's smile got bigger.

(A/N: since no one managed to guess - some were half right -, I'll say it.

Svend is based on 2 characters.

First is Braum, from LoL.

The second is K'Sante, also from LoL.)