Sunbright: 1

"I... like... fish," Yang said slowly before gaining a more confident look. "I like fish!"

"Great job!" I tried my best to clap, which just resulted in the sound of two pieces of wood hitting each other.

I was doing a daily check up on Yang's speech skills. She was getting better and better. Most of her smaller sentences didn't sound so broken anymore.

Yu was in her room doing who knows what. I don't really care to find out either. If I don't ask, she won't complain, and I'm pretty sure she'll give me something amongst the lines of 'none of your business'.

She'd be right. It's none of my business. Plus, it's still early morning, so she might be asleep.

"I want fish today," Yang said, albeit slowly because she's not quite there yet.

"Don't worry, there's still plenty to go around," I said while motioning to the bond. Yu's door opened and she came out with a tired sigh. "Good morning."

Yu grumbled as a reply before she kept walking towards the small fireplace with a kettle on top of it. Both of which were made by me, obviously.

"Fire, now," Yu just groaned while motioning to the fire place.

I shook my head and flicked my wrist, sending a fireball to the fireplace and lighting it on fire. Yu took the kettle out and looked was about to pull some herbs from her desk but she found it was empty.

"Brat, time for another errand," Yang stood up from her spot immediately.

Yu may or may not have started bribing Yang with spiced food whenever she does an errand. Yang is very simple. The tastier the food, the happier she is. And Yu knew a lot of spices and how to use them.

I really was against that but Yu then bribed ME with how happy Yang was after she ate fish with spices.

I forget she's so old sometimes. Probably all the childish complaining.

I would have been worried about her encountering something, but a week or two ago Yu made me flash the mark of Archtype Earth on the sky near the mountain for a few seconds.

According to her, all life in twenty to thirty miles ran away and declared this ground to be my territory. Other than Yu and Yang, there's nothing organic within miles.

"I want this plant now," Yu held tea leaves and handed them to Yang. "And don't eat any this time!"

Yang nodded - I knew she wouldn't listen to that last part - and went to pick up her basket before heading out of the cave.

"You know, she's not your errand girl," I said while crossing my arms at Yu.

"And your point is...?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Xiang Yu, you are a Saint for loving this woman.

Third POV:

Yang was walking through the forest while holding the plant in her hand and the basket in another. She looked around for any sign of the plant, and spotted some near the bark of a tree.

Walking closer, Yang knelt down and began to pick the plant and placing them in the basket. She kept doing that in silence before suddenly standing up.

Her eyes turned to slits and she began frantically looking around. She dropped the basket and held her claws high.

"My, my. Why so tense, child?"

Yang swiftly turned around and saw a woman walking out from behind one of the trees. She was wearing blue royal robes with golden highlights and an extra robe on her head that acted as a hood to hide her identity.

Yang took a few steps back. Her senses warned her of danger. She wanted to move and run away, but the sheer malice the woman was letting out froze her in her place.

"Goodness, you're so pale," the woman chuckled with no actual compassion in her voice. "Why so scare, child?"

Yang didn't say anything. She looked around, frantically, waiting for something. "Z-Zack...?" She mumbled weakly. "Where... Zack?"

"Is that your parent? Are you so tense because someone you don't know is walking up to you? Do I look like a scary stranger?" The woman humoured before reaching up to her hood. "Well, why don't I fix that?"

The woman pulled down her hood and revealed a head full of long, pale pink hair. She had beautiful features and a pair of amber eyes that had a pale glow to them.

What truly stood out, however, was the pair of fox ears on top of her head.

"My name is Daji. What's your name, child?"

(A/N: Thank you for reading my story.

Discord server: https://discord. gg/ B8gTatRB )