Bloody Hands: 1

"Why would you bring her here?!"

"What was I supposed to do? Leave her in a field covered in blood and corpses?"

"Yes!"

Yu-Mei Ren was not a people's person, and anyone who claims otherwise is blinded by something.

I had just came back from that battlefield - at least I assume it was one - where I found the girl and brought her with me. She was laying down on a bed Yu had.

She was still covered in blood and dirt which is something Yu complained about because she was laying on her bed.

"Come on, it's not so bad. At least she isn't human," I said, motioning to the girl's head where her horns were.

"That's the only reason I didn't gut her yet!" Yu was not amused.

I groaned and ran a hand through my face. "Look, I really couldn't just leave her there. She's obviously exhausted and starving. She was covered in blood and the place was filled with corpses. It was either I leave her and she days or take the chance to save her."

Of course, there was also the option that I take her to a human village or something, but I really don't think they'll take kindly to her having horns and being covered in blood.

Judging by the fact Yu just clicked her tongue but didn't recommend that option, she also knew that.

"Did you even think on what you'll do when she wakes up?" Yu asked.

"I'd just clean her up and let her go, what else?" I replied with a shrug before turning to the girl and crossing my arms. "I have to admit. I'm a little confused on what exactly she is. Is she an Oni?"

"Hybrid," Yu said as she walked closer and looked over the girl. "I can smell both human and Oni blood in her, and the latter smells... familiar."

"You've smelled it before?"

"I encountered an Oni before meeting my husband when I was still travelling. She was a female Oni who always reeked of alcohol. Her name was Ibuki-Douji? Or was it Shuten-Douji? I don't remember which. I just know she reeked of both Oni blood and Divinity," Yu explained.

Wait... Is she saying... This girl is Shuten-Douji's child? I mean, I knew Shuten visited China at one point, and I don't know exactly when, but she left a bastard? That doesn't-

... No. This makes perfect sense.

Shuten is someone who drank poison because she believed it would make for good wine. She's someone who is drunk when sober and does things for the Heck of it.

Anyone who claims Shuten was ever a 'pure maiden' is straight up delusional. It makes total sense for her to have a bastard or two.

I walked towards the other side of the bed with Yu being across on the other side. Now that I got a good look at the girl, she DOES actually resemble Shuten.

Other than the general similarities in looks, her hair and horns are also the same colour although backwards - Shuten having purple hair and red horns while this girl has red hair and purple horns.

Great, this means I have the bastard child of one of the most famous Oni in Japanese mythology. In China of all places. What the hell am I supposed to-

*Stab!*

I looked down at the now open purple eyes of the girl, completely ignoring the fact that she just stabbed her hand through my wooden chest.

"Oh, so your up?"