Bloody Sword: 1

I was watching from the side as Yang and Yu stood facing each other in the forest. After I made sure all alcohol smell was gone from Yu, she took us to the forest to train, probably because the cave wasn't big enough for that.

Yang was holding the katana I made while Yu pulled two swords - from god knows where - and held one in each hand.

Yu rolled her neck and yelled. "Alright, brat, come at me."

Yang charged at her instantly. She swung her sword, aiming at Yu's neck. Yu leaned back enough dodge the blade, raised her foot and used her current angle to kick Yang away.

I may or may not have thought of turning Yu into a pile of ash for that.

Yu stood straight. "You went straight for the throat and didn't show hesitation," she commented while Yang stood back up. "Good. Always go for the kill. Only idiots drag on a fight. Now, come at me again."

Yang, once again, charged immediately. This time, aiming for a stab at the heart. Yu didn't try to dodge this time, instead she she raised one of her swords and swung downwards faster than Yang was moving.

Yang suddenly stopped her attack and raised her sword to block the strike. While she did stop Yu's sword, she couldn't stop the kick that sent her across the field again.

"You realised that the risk wasn't worth one hit and decided to protect yourself instead," Yu nodded as Yang stood up again and picked up her katana. "Your survival instinct are good. Though, I guess that's not surprising since you had to fend for yourself for so long. Again."

Yang hesitated for a second this time before charging again. This time, Yu didn't do anything and actually stood still as Yang's blade pierced her through the chest.

But, as soon as Yang was in arms length, despite the blade in her chest, Yu grabbed Yang's head and smashed her into the ground.

"You dropped your guard. Never assume your opponent won't hit back just because you got one good hit on them," Yu explained as she let Yang go and pulled the sword from her chest.

"Don't you think you're going too hard on her?" I asked as I resisted the urge to rush in there.

Yu rolled her eyes. "Please. If I go any easier on her, I might as well start breastfeeding her."

"Implying anyone wants to drink your milk?" I replied and Yu glared at me.

To humans, this conversation might have sounded wrong, but to us Elementals, we genuinely couldn't care less about the morality behind it.

Yang got up again and picked up her sword. Yu suddenly just kicked her away without saying a thing, and she rolled on the ground.

"Never assume your opponent won't attack you by surprise. I'm not gonna always give you the first strike," Yu said while Yang struggled to get back up.

I wonder how Yu would feel if her wine collection got into an 'accident'?