Omake: Tsukihime

Third POV:

Shiki sighed as he started walking home. He was alone for once, and Arcueid told him that nothing weird - by human standards at least - should happen these next few days, so he finally had enough time to catch up on schoolwork.

Sometimes, Shiki wished his eyes work on homework... Well, they did, but not in the way he wanted.

Stopping at crossroad, Shiki looked at the light sign, waiting for it to turn green.

"Rough day?" Someone asked and Shiki looked besides himself.

He blinked behind glasses. Shiki had met weird people lately, but the man in front him looked like something out of a manga. He looked somewhere between his mid and late twenties with long hair that started blue but turned green halfway through. He had red eyes, but the man's eyes were a brighter red than Arcueid's. He was wearing a black suit with a blue tie.

"Uhmm... kind of?" Shiki replied, cautious of the man.

The man looked at Shiki up and down before nodding. "Nice glasses," he commented.

"Thanks," Shiki nodded.

"They do a good job covering your eyes. Or, better yet, they do a good job covering what your eyes can see," Shiki froze as he understood the implication.

(He knows!) Shiki almost pulled out his blade but remembered where they were. There were too many civilians around and they were out in the open.

"Well, say hi to the princess for me," the man said as the light turned green.

The man walked across the street while Shiki did the same, only splitting up when they reached the other side. While the man continued his way, Shiki decided to follow him in secret.

Shiki watched as the man just walked around in the city before ending up in an empty construction sight. "Are you gonna come out now?"

Shiki decided that hiding was useless, so he walked out from behind the beam he was standing behind. "Who are you?"

"Wow, kid. Tone down the killing intent. I'm just in town for a visit," the man chuckled while raising his hands in mock surrender.

"Forgive me for not believing that," Shiki glared. "Are you another enemy of Arcueid's?"

"Ha!" The man barked a laugh. "Trust me, she'd do anything to avoid having me as an enemy for several reasons," the man suddenly hummed and rubbed his chin. "Hey, why don't we make a bet?"

"A bet?" Shiki asked.

"If you can scratch me, no matter how small it is, I'll tell you literally anything you want to know," the man explained while crossing his arms. "You can even use those fancy eyes of yours."

"You do know what would happen if I scratched you while using them, right?" Shiki asked. The man obviously knew about his mystic eyes, so why would he take the risk.

"Believe me, kid, those eyes of yours are the only chance you have at actually scratching me," the man stated with confidence.

"Fine," Shiki took his knife out and his glasses off.

He blinked in surprise. As he used his eyes lately, Shiki began to tell the difference between the lines of inanimate objects and the lines of living beings, and the man in front of him gave off the former.

There was also no line connected to his existence. He can tell all the lines were connected to the body itself.

"Waiting for me to say 'start' or something?" The man taunted.