Underworld Flowers: 1

"Hades wants a favour?" Medusa asked in confusion after I finished my explanation.

I nodded. "That's right. In exchange for no harm done to those involved, I need to do something for Hades," I then turned to Stheno. "What could the God of Underworld want from me?"

Stheno placed a hand on her chin and closed her eyes. "To be honest, I don't know. My best guess is that it's something only an Elemental can do since Hades is a very powerful god. I doubt he would need your help, otherwise."

That made sense. Honestly, that was the only explanation I can think of as well. Though, this does raise a few problems since I wasn't a normal Elemental.

"What did you mean by saying you became Archtype Earth?" Euryale asked while pointing at my chest. "Does it have something to do with that mark?"

I narrowed my eyes, trying to think of a way to explain it in a way that just doesn't say 'Earth says I'm the strongest now'.

"It's... a position. It's given to the Spirit that represents the planet. I am basically a proxy of sorts," I vaguely explained.

"How's that different from normal Elementals?" Medusa asked.

"That's not important right now," I honestly just didn't want to go through the process of explaining Ultimate Ones, and there was no need to yet. "The important thing is that this is hopefully settled."

"Not exactly," Stheno said crossing her arms. "After Athena is revived, what's stopping her from seeking revenge? Or her followers? Zeus' protection will only extend until you finish doing the favor for Hades."

I groaned while placed a hand on my head. "You're right. We'll need a more permanent solution."

Before we can think of one, I sensed a group of people along with what appeared to be something that reeked of divine energy approach the island, though not on the level of a god so I doubt it was Hades himself.

"Looks like Hades' proxies are here," I said as I turned to the direction they were coming from and began walking. "You girls stay-"

"No, not this time," Medusa immediately shook her head. "I'm not leaving you again. That always ends badly."

"You already made the gods angry enough as it is, and I think Medusa is right about you always ending in trouble if left alone," Stheno said.

"Yeah, you're like a child that always needs our supervision," Euryale added.

I would have rolled my eyes if I had any. In the end, I didn't think there was any harm since these ones work for Hades rather than Athena, so I just nodded and kept walking while they followed me.

It didn't take us long to reach the beach and see a ship approaching. The ship was pitch black and there was something large on it covered in cloth. The divine energy was coming from whatever was hidden there.

The ship reached the beach and three warriors came out. However, their armour wasn't like the usual ones. It was black with golden outlines and were actually full armours instead of the usual armoured skirt.

"We are here to open a path to Lord Hades' domain," the front warrior said, not even glancing to the Gorgon sisters.

These guys were just reeking 'professionalism'. I haven't seen warriors like these since my last talk with head guards in Uruk.

"Alright. I guess you'll be using that?" I said motioning to the large cloth.

The warriors nodded and one of them pulled the cloth to reveal some sort of giant diamond. "Stand back," the one who revealed the diamond instructed.

Me and the Gorgon sisters took a few steps back and each of the warriors pulled out what looks like a bone made of metal. They all pointed their bones to the diamond and it started glowing.

The diamond levitated off the ground and suddenly split into four parts. Each of the parts drove itself into the sand on the beach and a pitch-black portal was made in between them.

"Well, that's not creepy at all," I sarcastically mumbled, looking at the black portal. "Well, I'll be going now," I said giving the Gorgon sisters one last look.

"Be careful," Medusa called out just before I jumped in.

After that, it was nothing but blackness. I kept falling in the darkness for a few seconds before I saw a floor coming. I changed to my water element and splashed on the ground.

It only took me a second to reform to see where I was.

I was in a throne room. The whole place was made of green-ish metal with a few torches on the walls. At the very furthest part of the room was a large throne with, obviously, Hades sitting there.

"Hmm, so you have came, Archtype," Hades commented, looking at me with his red eyes.

"We have a deal, so I came," I said as I walked closer to the throne. "So, what could the God of the Underworld want with me?"

"Hmm, straight to the point. I prefer that," Hades said.

His eyes then looked away from and he began... (Is he actually FIDGETING!) I thought in shock.

"My wife... Persephone, loves to see the flowers of the world above. However, they cannot grow here in the Underworld do to the nature of my domain. And, while I love our outings together, I still would love for her to have flowers to call her own," Hades then cleared his throat and looked at me again. "Therefore, my request is this: find me a way to make flowers grow in my domain, and I shall fix the damage you caused."

... his wife?... I killed one of the Twelve Olympians, left the other a beat up husk, and practically spat in the face of their entire Pantheon, and he was letting me off FOR HIS WIFE?!

I had literally one thing to say. "Is it a must that gods of the Underworld are always wholesome?"