Blade: 2

"Okay, Yang. Take your pick," I said while Yang looked at the variety of weapons in front of her.

Yang looked at the weapons while scratching her head. I just stepped back and stood besides Yu, who actually had a smile on her face ever since she came back with more herbes and flowers than my weight in my Earth element.

"Isn't it a little early to make her use an actual weapon?" I asked while whispering.

"She already knows how to fight with her hands. Any physical training, unless you know martial arts, is useless," Yu replied before raising an eyebrow at me. "Do you know martial arts?"

"No."

"Then a weapon is her best choice," Yu said.

We just stood there and watched as Yang walked between the weapons, looking confused. After her third time circling them, she finally reached down and picked up a sword.

It was just something simple I made in a hurry. A straight katana. I had other versions of swords bit she went for that one.

Come to think of it, Ibuki and Shuten use a sword, don't they? I wonder if it's in their family or something?

"You picked this one?" I asked while walking closer.

"Noisy people swing this," Yang replied and she held her sword high.

"Okay, let's see you try to swing it," I said, wanting to get an estimation on what we're working with.

Yang held her sword high... and began swinging it like a club.

I... Won't lie. She was bad. She wasn't even swinging the sharp edge. She was just literally waving the sword around like it was a stick.

*Stab!*

I looked back and saw that Yu had just stabbed her thumbs in her own eyes.

"Sorry, but after watching actual swordsmen for many years. What I just saw was literally too painful to watch," Yu commented while blood dripped from her eye sockets.

She'll be fine. She was already healing.

"So, yeah, can you help with that? I really don't know the correct basics, so..." I trailed off while hoping.

"If it means I never have to see whatever in the name of Gaia THAT was again, I'll teach her to dance if you want," Yu groaned as her eyes finished healing before she walked in closer and stood behind Yang. "Okay, let's start fixing that. First off, that stance is just wrong," she grabbed Yang's arms and made her hold the sword correctly with both hands. "Second, you swing THIS side," she made Yang do an actual swing with the sharp side of the sword. "Now, do it again."

She kept on guiding Yang's hands to swing the sword forward. She did it several times before slowly letting go and letting Yang practice the swing on her own.

"Okay, keep that up until it feels naturally," Yu backed away and walked to my side.

"How long does it take for it to feel natural?" I asked without looking away from Yang.

"I don't know. After the show I saw earlier, it'll probably take a couple of centu-"

Yang suddenly gave a really strong swing without breaking form. She looked really pleased and went back to it at even a better rate than a few seconds ago.

"... Or it can take a few tries at best," Yu sighed in annoyance while wiping the blood off her face.

Guess Yang DID inherit some things from her mother.

Hopefully not the alcoholism though... Wow, I keep sounding more like a parent with each day.