FGO Singularity: 7

Third POV:

"Athena! As in the goddess of war and wisdom?" Roman asked.

"She's also the same goddess who is said to have been killed by Zeke," Da Vinci stated as she narrowed her eyes. "Now I understand. The reason many of those here are connected to Zack is because Athena wanted to lure him out."

"Where are you? Where are you?! WHERE ARE YOU!?" The figure on the throne yelled in rage. "Archtype Earth! I've gathered those close to you! I've hurt the humans you love so dearly! Why!? WHY DO YOU REFUSE TO APPEAR!?"

"So that army back there was your attempt at getting ready to fight Zack?" Medusa's face turned sour. "Did you really think that would work?"

Athena stopped her rambling and glared at the group, specifically the youngest Gorgon. "Medusa... curse you! Curse your sisters and your beauty! Curse you for unleashing Archtype Earth on us!"

Medusa raised an eyebrow. "I 'unleashed' Zack on you? Is that what you tell yourself?"

Svend immediately jumped in front of Medusa, raising both halves of his shield and blocked the spear that was thrown at her, sending the spear flying away.

"Guess she's not willing to talk?" Svend joked.

"Of course not. She never did," Scathach summoned her own spear and took a battle stance. "Gods may acknowledge they did something 'wrong', but they never acknowledge they themselves were in the wrong. It's one of the reasons they could never stay with humanity."

"Mash, prepare for battle," Ritsuka said and Mash raised her shield.

The black smoke around Athena changed shape and formed and armour and helmet with a shield on one hand. Raising her empty one, the spear she threw previously flew to her grasp.

Shooting forward with great speed, Scathach almost pierced Athena with her spear if the goddess didn't raise her shield to block. Medusa jumped over Scathach, leg raised high, and kicked down.

Athena jumped back, avoiding the strike from Medusa. Looking at her opponent seemed to be a mistake because Medusa immediately opened her eyes widely as they began glowing.

The goddess was frozen in place and couldn't defend against Svend coming in from the left and smacking her in the head with the edge of one of his shields, sending her rolling away.

Jumping to her feet quickly, Athena immediately jumped away to avoid Mash, who came in swinging her own shield down. She dashed towards the Shielder as her shield struck the ground, the goddess raised her spear and was ready to stab the girl.

Only for Zaraka to suddenly appear in a flurry of leaves between them and block the strike with his own spear. The hunter struggled as the goddess pushed forward, only for her to be blasted away with a wave of green energy from Drasil.

The goddess jumped back to her feet and saw Scathach jump in the air. With a wave of her hand, several red spears shot towards Athena, who struggled to dodge but was still cut in a few places.

"You- Are you a god-slayer?!" Athena asked, noticing the wounds she received from Scathach hurt more than they should.

She didn't get an answer and had to immediately raise her shield to block the kick from Medusa. That, however, left her open for Svend coming in with his shields raised. Raising her spear, Athena blocked the strike only for Scathach to suddenly appear and stab her spear through Athena's chest.

Athena cried out as Scathach kicked her away while ripping her spear out, dealing even more damage from how harsh the action was. Athena rolled on the ground before she ended laying on the ground. After some struggle, she managed to raise herself to her hands and knees.