War With The Moon: Prologue

Third POV:

"Where is tonight's offering?" A pair of red eyes glared at a group of hooded figures.

"W-We're sorry, Master. B-But the familiars never returned and we lost connection to them," one of the figures pleaded.

The one they were calling Master was a True Ancestor. A vampire-like Elemental born from the contract with the moon.

He was standing in a castle in the throne room. In front of him was six figures wearing hooded cloaks and all bowing their heads.

He was waiting for an offering of human blood which his servants of Dead Apostles were supposed to deliver but it never came.

"You do know what would happen if you do not bring me an offering, correct?" He asked rhetorically.

The Dead Apostles all flinched. They all knew the purpose they were around and should they not bring an offering, then one of them will be used for that purpose.

"M-Master. The familiars are at fault. They all just went and vanished!" One of Dead Apostles cried out.

"Actually, that's MY fault, not the familiars," a new voice echoed through the room.

"What? Who dares!?" The Ancestor yelled in rage at someone entering his castle.

He was also caught off guard. He did not sense anyone, smell or hear anything, or even notice any lifeform except him and the Apostles.

"I have to ask, do you vampires have a castle fetish or something? Why do you always stay in one? For a species that actually wants to stay out of sight, a pattern like that is not smart," the voice commented.

"You dare?!" The Ancestor's power washed over the room like a wave. The Apostles began trembling, fearing their master's wrath.

"I stopped your source of food, literally just walked into your castle, and haven't even introduced myself. Do you really think I'm gonna draw the line at insulting you?" The voice continued to echo from every direction. "But, if you wanna meet up, all you have to do is look behind you."

The Ancestor turned and saw someone sitting on his throne that was at the back of the throne-room. It was a being made of wood, looked somewhat monstrous, had white glowing eyes, and a glowing compass-like mark on his chest. The creature was sitting while leaning on one of his arms and resting his head on his fist.

"You know, I don't even know why I'm sitting like this," Zack said as he raised his head and looked at the arm he was leaning on. "I guess it's a habit I picked from-"

With a flick of his wrist, the Ancestor destroyed Zack completely without harming the throne. He scoffed before turning back to the Apostles.

"That was rude," only to look back in shock as the Elemental was back on his throne without a scratch in sight. "I guess it's my turn now?"

The Ancestor looked in confusion as Zack's body changed to look like a dark cloud filled with electricity. The next thing the Ancestor knew, the whole world turned white.

A large number of powerful lightning bolts rained from the sky and completely erased the whole castle and everything in it, reducing the whole area into a smouldering crater.

Within the crater, the body of the True Ancestor reformed. "Hey, not bad recovery pace," he turned and saw Zack's cloud-like body floating above the crater.

"If you thought that would be enough to defeat me-"

"Oh, I never did. Let me guess, you were gonna blab nonsense on how 'I have no idea who I'm dealing with' or some other cliche nonsense," Zack cut off the Ancestor, looking quite bored. "I'm well aware what you are. I know more than you can imagine. I also know that your kind has been more active lately. I want to know why and Where's that King of yours."

The Ancestor scoffed. "Do you truly believe I'll talk?"

Zack laughed. "Hahaha! Oh god, you really are a walking cliché," his laughter stopped as he glared at the vampire. "Here's a fun little fact: I also know that your kind can't recover their entire body without sacrificing a lot of power. So, how about we test how many times you can recover?" Zack's body began to glow and lightning cracked through the sky. "And one more thing... I was never expecting you to talk... I expect you to scream."

And with that, the Ancestor saw white again.