Puppet: 3

(A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I hit serious writer's block and couldn't really write anything.)

"Mmmm.... mhggg..... nnnnnh."

That mindless groaning was coming my new puppet body. It was my latest attempt to try doing something with it.

Now, I would consider the fact I can make a sound an achievement... if it wasn't for the fact that I was trying to open my eyes instead of speak.

I went back to my real body and groaned. "Dammit. I'm getting nowhere," I looked at Scathach who was watching from the side. "Do you have any idea?"

The warrior queen hummed and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Tell me, have you tried to breath?" She asked and I looked at her in confusion. "You should start with the basics of having a body. We beings made of flesh and blood need to breath. Start from that."

"Then what?" I asked.

"Then feel the air going into your lungs and through your body. Use the air as a way to sense yourself," Scathach instructed.

Nodding, I turned to my wind element and began forcing the air in and out of the body's nose. Focusing on the core, I transferred my consciousness to the body and tried to focus on the feeling that was coming from my nose.

It was... hard. I never knew how to 'breath', after all. I had to focus on the feeling of what was moving in and out. Soon enough, I managed to pick up on where the nose was and try to focus on that.

Breathing was hard. Not rhetorically or something like about life is a pain, but actually hard. I'm trying so hard to focus on breathing through my nose but I did make mistakes once or twice where I tried to suck in air through my mouth.

After some rough 'breathing' for a few moments, I decided that was enough and pulled back to my real body. "Well... at least it's something," I mumbled before looking at Scathach. "Thanks. It's not much but it's progress."

Scathach shrugged. "That body is my property. It would be neglectful to leave you wondering on how to use it."

Well, I guess she has a point but- Say what now?

"What the hell do you mean that body is your property?" I asked.

Scathach looked at me in the confusion, like I'm the one saying something weird. "I made this body. It's mine."

"You made it for me!"

"Prey tell, when did I say that I made it for you?" Scathach asked, tilting her head. "I just said that I would make a body strong enough to hold you. I never said that I would make it FOR you. Who knows, maybe I was already planning to create a puppet before you arrived here for my own amusement."

"Bullshit!" I cried out. "What would you even do with it?!"

"Maybe use it as a punching bag? Or perhaps a flesh sex-toy? It gets dreadfully boring and lonely with nothing but growling ghouls to kill around here," Scathach suggested shamelessly, shrugging her shoulders and I would have called her out as insane... but then I remember she's Celtic. They're almost always either fighting or having sex, so her suggestions were not even slightly off for her culture.

"Why were you helping me control it then?!" I asked.

"I was hoping to take you as a new student. Obviously, I'll have to teach you how to crawl and walk before teaching you how to fight and use Runes," she explained.

"You were just using me as entertainment?!" I was more shocked than I should have been.

"I take teaching my students very seriously, and picking students even more so. You should be honored," Scathach tried to defend but that smug look on her face was fooling me.

"I'm not becoming your student!" I yelled.

Scathach looked at me before smiling. "Very well. Let's make a bet," she walked towards the body and summoned a spear. I was worried she'll do something to it but she walked past the body for a few steps before drawing a line with the tip of her spear. "If you can cross this line using the body while using only your two feet, I will give you the body completely free of charge. However, you must do it within two weeks."

I glared at Scathach and thought about this. I mean, I guess I CAN take the body with force... but she's standing too close to it and I might end up damaging it. I have no idea on how to fix it.

Also, I really wanna wipe that smug look off her face by doing it.

"Fine!" I growled and looked at the body. "I'll show you," I challenged as I transferred my consciousness.

"Mmmm... ggghnn..." Aaaaaaaaand back to the mindless groaning.

Maybe I should have asked for more than two weeks?

(A/N: Discord Server: https://discord .gg/ aM5CFPsC)