Acceptance: 2

My mind was still going over my talk with Gilgamesh.

(I'm not human,) I kept repeating that thought every few moments. It's sort of my way of finally accepting it.

That's not easy though, for obvious reasons.

My mentality was altered. I had no qualms about being what I am no. But, I still viewed myself in a human way. Getting over it and abandoning the human concepts I held on to was not gonna be easy.

Either way, the funeral was almost gonna begin, and I had some free time, so I decided to visit Enkidu and see how he was doing. The battle left him wounded, but alive.

I knocked on the side of his rooms door - he didn't have a door, just a door frame. He said he doesn't see a reason to have one - a couple of times and entered.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked.

Enkidu was sitting on a bed right besides the window. He had his arm raised with a bird that obviously came in from the window sitting on it.

His body still had those cracks, but they were smaller than they were during and right after the battle, obviously showing that he was recovering.

"Ah, hello, Zack," Enkidu greeted before moving his hand slightly, which caused the bird to jump and fly out of the window. "It is an... interesting experience to be bedridden. Though, I confess it feels somewhat restraining."

"You need to make a full recovery, and that means you need your rest," I said to him as I stood beside the bed.

Honestly, I was just making sure nothing was wrong. I didn't want to come out as paranoid because that would make Enkidu question why I worry so much, but I still needed to check-

"I owe you my life, you know," If I had eyelids, I would have blinked in confusion.

I looked at Enkidu in absolute confusion. "Uh... what do you mean?"

Enkidu looked out the window and looked directly at the sky. "Gil told me that, when he contacted Ereshkigal, she informed him that Inanna attempted to make the gods vote for our deaths, but she failed."

"Gilgamesh contacted Ereshkigal?" I asked.

"Of course," Enkidu nodded. "Her blessing is a vital part of the ritual, after all."

Oh, right. Goddess of death and all. "So, how did my presence prevent Inanna's attempt?"

"Inanna's request was to have us, or one of us, die because me and Gil, who have the forms of humans, should be punished for defeating the bull of heaven. However, you were the one who delt the killing blow," Enkidu explained then pointed at me with one of his fingers. "You are an Elemental. A spirit of this world. Your presence meant that the world itself wanted Gugalanna to be defeated. Even with her father supporting her, Inanna could not make the gods vote against the will of the world."

I mean... I was really glad I managed to at least avert THAT catastrophe, but... I don't really answer to Gaia and/or Alaya.

At least, I don't think I do.

I wish I still didn't.

Here's a fun fact: Gaia and Alaya are incredibly demanding and boy do they complain a lot.