Dealing With Boredom: 3

You know, when you think on most of the stupid things you did in your youth, the most common reason why you did them in the first place is most likely 'boredom'.

It was a few days since the first match of Uno and how the king of freaking heroes swore vengeance over a card game.

Didn't know how to react to that beyond laughing.

I was called into the Gilgamesh's throne again today. The guards were less cautious of me now that they're used to seeing me around. I didn't exactly interact with any of them, and I didn't really need to, but seeing me go in and out of the throne room and have casual talks with Gilgamesh seemed to make them open up a little.

"So, you want me to think of something new to do?" I asked as I crossed my arms and looked at Gilgamesh.

"Indeed," Gilgamesh nodded, sitting on his throne and resting his head on one of his hands. "While that game of 'Onon'-"

"Uno"

"Is amusing," he continued without caring about me correcting him. "I find doing it every day will get bland. As such, I demand new forms of entertainment."

"Does this have to do with the fact you lost three times in a row yesterday-"

"Still your tongue, Tree," Gilgamesh said with a twitch in his eye. "I do not know what you speak of."

I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever you say. Just so you know, I don't have a tongue," I commented before putting a hand on my chin and thinking.

I had to agree with Gilgamesh. Playing Uno for several days straight can get a little bland. Even if it was fun to see him lose it over a card game.

I needed something exciting. I haven't thought of it much, but I was in the age of gods talking to THE Gilgamesh! We need something as exciting as that is amazing.

(Maybe I can do something with my elements?) I began thinking on the various ways my elements can be used to for fun.

Then, an idea struck me. It was quite frankly rather ridiculous and outrageous, but again, I'm talking to Gilgamesh. Ridiculous and outrageous are the only things that catch his attention.

"Do you have an apple?" I asked causing him to raise an eyebrow.

Honestly, I think boredom has led more people into danger more than their curiosity.

"Isn't this rather dangerous?" Enkidu asked standing besides me.

"To anyone else? Maybe," I said while holding an apple and then turning to my water element. I then just straight up shoved the apple in my chest and made it stay there. "To me? Not really," I said before looking across the throne to where Gilgamesh was sitting. "Whenever you're ready, your majesty!"

Basically, Gilgamesh was gonna try to shoot down the apple from inside me with his Gates of Babylon. He would shoot weapons and see if any of them struck the apple.

"Humph, how pointless," Gilgamesh scoffed before three golden portals appeared above him and swords shot towards me.

Enkidu had already moved back and I started dodging the swords by side jumping. One of the swords passed through me at the side but it still didn't hit the apple.

"Heh, you're gonna have to try harder than that!" I cried out motioning to the apple.

Gilgamesh groaned and glared. Three new portals - making a total of six - appeared above him and shot weapons forward. Though, this time, they kept shooting weapons.

My eyes widen as I immediately start trying to dodge the various weapons. For while, I was just dodging and dodging, which didn't help much since many weapons still passed through me. I didn't even bother checking if the apple was struck.

When the weapons finally stopped, I stopped jumping around and looked at my chest... to see the apple still there.

"Ha! You missed!" I yelled out while pointing at Gilgamesh.

His eyebrow twitched once before at least a dozen portals appeared besides the first ones, weapons halfway coming out of them.

Was what I did stupid and uncalled for? Most likely. I probably shouldn't have let boredom control me.

But you know, I wouldn't really changed what happened and would do it again out of boredom.