First Job: 1

I kind of miss those days. Just hanging out with Gilgamesh and Enkidu. Even if goldilocks was a bit of an asshole sometimes, he was still a good person.

One of the reasons I miss those days is because I had way more freedom on moving around.

"You want me to what?" I asked Baraka, looking at him like he just grew an actual second head.

"I would like you to bless my new son, great Zack," Baraka said as we stood in the forest nomad section.

I wasn't shocked about the fact Baraka had a son - he told me he was married when we were in the desert - but I WAS surprised that he wants me to 'bless' his son that was born recently.

I don't even know what that means!

We've been in Uruk for at least a month by now. I visited Gilgamesh a lot and we did a lot of fun activity. Yet, despite all this time, these people still viewed me like this.

"Baraka, I told you before, I'm not a god," I said shaking my head. "Besides, Wouldn't your son cry seeing me?" I was under no delusion that I looked in anyway peaceful.

Elemantor looked badass but he absolutely didn't look friendly.

"He is a newborn, and newborns all cry," Baraka replied. Logic, my old enemy. "It would truly mean a lot to me and my wife if you gave our newborn son."

(Goddammit, how the hell do I respond to this?) I asked myself as I brought a hand to my head.

"Elemental Zack!" I heard someone call my name. Me and Baraka saw a couple of Uruk guards walk up to us. "King Gilgamesh ordered an urgent meeting with you."

(That's the first time they said 'urgent',) I thought to myself as I narrowed my eyes. "We'll continue this later, Baraka. This seems rather important," I told him.

"Very well, great Zack," Baraka replied before, much to my annoyance, giving a bow and leaving.

Was I partially using this as an excuse to escape the absolutely awkward situation? Definitely.

Anyway, I followed the guards through the city and we immediately went into the castle and throne room. Gilgamesh and Enkidu were there as usual, but this was the first time I saw Gilgamesh looking through more than one stone tablet.

He had a few sat around his throne, looking through them. The time I spent with him allowed me to notice that he was quite annoyed at the moment.

"There you are, Tree! Were you planning on having me wait until the next full moon?" Gilgamesh all but growled before motioning to the guards to leave.

Yeah. He was absolutely annoyed.

"What's wrong? This is the first time you made the meetings urgent," I asked him as I stood in front of the stairs leading to the throne.

"Golems are causing problems in the road between the city and a few farms," Enkidu replied, standing beside Gilgamesh. "They have been rather troublesome as of late. And, while no major damage or casualties have happened, it is putting the people in a state of unrest. Would you join the next carts that are picking up the harvest next time and deal with them?"

Wow. That was a lot to take in in one moment. "Why me? Can't you or Gilgamesh easily take care of it?"

"Does it appear to you that I have the time, Tree?!" Gilgamesh practically yelled, motioning to the few tablets around his throne.

"Gilgamesh is busy because Siduri is off duty today," Enkidu explained. "And I would stay here in case something else that requirs someone to leave the city appear. I do advise you to be cautious, though. The scholars believe a tornado might happen near the farms."

....... "I'm sorry, did you say a tornado?" I asked, my interest peaked.

Enkidu tilted his head but still nodded. "That is correct."

This might give me a chance to get a new element. My theory on why I don't have an air form yet is because I either need a strong source of air - like a tornado - or it needs to be something I can touch.

It's hopefully the former.

"Alright, I'll do it, but I do have one question," I said looking at Gilgamesh.

The king sighed and put down the tablet he was holding. "Speak up. I have all the world's treasures, not all the world's time."

I couldn't help but scratch the back of my head awkwardly, which just made the sound of two pieces of wood grinding against each other.

"How do you... uh... how do you bless someone's birth?"

For the first time since I met him, Gilgamesh's face turned to one of pure confusion, his annoyance forgotten. "What?"