Big Sign of Trouble: 3

"Gilgamesh, what happened?!" I yelled as I burst into Gilgamesh's room.

There was a REALLY big bed with lots of pillows and gold all around. But the rest of the room was covered in debris from the now broken ceiling.

Gilgamesh was standing in the middle of the room. "Humph, what are you doing in my private chamber, tree?" He asked while turning to me.

"Gilgamesh, something reeking of divine energy just burst from your ceiling with enough light to shine on the entire city while yelling something about revenge. There is literally nothing about this that doesn't need an explanations," I said to him while crossing my arms.

"I agree," I looked and saw Enkidu walk into the room. "It is rather concerning. I would also like to know what happened here."

Gilgamesh huffed and turned to look at the hole again. "That foolish brat of a goddess Inanna requested that I become her husband."

(That's the last thing I wanted to hear!) I yelled in my mind.

"Of course, I declined," Gilgamesh continued. "That brat kept pressing on the subject, but I told her that I would never take her as a wife. What you saw was her form crying to what I can assume is her father."

I didn't fault Gilgamesh for denying. I know that Ishtar was literally everything a wife SHOULDN'T be. She actually tortured a number of her previous husbands.

"Isn't this seriously bad news?" I asked, hoping Gilgamesh would get a better understanding of the situation.

"Ha! You jest, Tree. There is nothing serious about that brat," Gilgamesh barked a laugh as he turned back to look at me and Enkidu. "All she does is go back crying to her father every time she wants something. She'll hardly do something herself."

"Gil, I believe Zack is correct," thankfully, Enkidu was there to back me up. "While Inanna herself is no threat, you know that her father won't be quiet about this. He will most likely give her some means of revenge."

Gilgamesh grumbled before sighing. "I suppose you are correct. Call Siduri and the leaders of the guards. That brat will not settle for anything less than devastating. We shall prepare the city for her revenge."

If I had lips, I would be smiling at the fact Gilgamesh saw reason. I wasn't able to prevent what happened, but I was at least able to do this much.

Suddenly, I realised something. "Have you been naked the whole time?" I asked Gilgamesh, noticing there were no clothes or armour on him.

I seriously had some many mental changes, so I really didn't fault myself for not noticing sooner.

The throne room was full of people now alongside me and Enkidu. Gilgamesh was sitting on his throne and looking over the people.

All of them looked both tired and terrified. I guess being woken up at this hour of the night just to be told an angry goddess will take revenge on the city would do that to people.

"I want extra shifts everywhere. If anything, and I mean ANYTHING stands out you are to report it immediately," Gilgamesh ordered while glaring at the guard Leaders. "I also want evacuation roads prepared in case something goes wrong. I have no desire to get the people killed."

That last part was actually my idea that I mentioned after he finally put clothes on but I didn't really care enough to point that out.

"Your majesty, was it truly wise to enrage the goddess Inanna?" Siduri asked, surprising me.

That was the first time she actually questioned Gilgamesh. At least the first time I saw personally. Guess having the goddess of her home out for blood seriously threw her off.

Before Gilgamesh can say anything back, the ground shook, throwing almost everyone off. "What's happening?!" I asked.

"Something powerful appeared!" Enkidu yelled.

I started sensing magical energy and was almost overwhelmed by something that was even covering Gilgamesh's magical energy.

I didn't even think that was possible!

We all ran out of the castle and stood at the gate. The sky has turned dark, lightning was flashing through the sky, and a loud noise similar to a roar can be heard in the distance.

I hated that sound for the rest of my days.