Prologue: Puppet Arc

Third POV:

Scathach thought her life in the Land of Shadows was simple.

Watch over the dead, dark plains, kill the occasionally rising ghouls, make sure the dead warriors rest, and repeat that process every day.

That had been her daily life for centuries with no change whatsoever.

So, when an actual forest filled with green life and blue skies and even an actual ocean appeared in one of the corners of the Land of Shadows, even she was stupefied.

Standing just outside of the field of the forest, Scathach looked over the domain as it simply changed the world but didn't go further. She had already concluded that it was a Reality Marble, as that was the only explanation, but what she didn't know was how the owner can keep it up despite the influence of the Land of Shadows.

The Celtic Queen knew better than to walk into an unknown Reality Marble. Once a person set foot in one, they play by the owner's rules. She didn't become a warrior queen by charging in mindlessly.

All Scathach had to do was wait for the Reality Marble to wear off. Reality Marbles tend to take a lot of power, and there's no one that can keep one up for long.

So, Scathach waited... and waited... and waited... and waited.

(Something is not right,) Scathach thought with a glare.

It has been a whole day now, if Scathach is correct. The Reality Marble should have vanished by now and whoever is the owner should have ran out of magical energy.

Deciding that risking it was better than just standing and doing nothing, Scathach summoned a copy of her old spear that she gave to her student and stepped forward. As soon as she took a step into the Reality Marble, she felt off.

She felt as if something had vanished from within her.

Looking over herself, Scathach saw no signs of being harmed in anyway. Still, she couldn't feel as if something was... missing. As if something from inside her had been taken.

Shrugging off the feeling for now, Scathach held her spear close and walked forward. Thanks to her skills and experience, Scathach can appreciate the scenery without dropping her guard.

It has been a long time since Scathach had set foot outside of the Land of Shadows. Seeing a forest full of life was a nice change of pace.

"DAMMIT!" Scathach tensed as she heard someone scream alongside the sound of something breaking apart.

Walking closer, Scathach saw what appeared to be a being of monstrous appearance made of wood standing over a pile of broken bodies.

That would be concerning if the bodies all weren't made of different materials, but none of which was flesh and blood.

The monstrous being raised their hand and the broken pieces began forming together into a body again. Soon enough, they created a full, human-like body.

Only for it to break apart as soon as it was finished.

First POV: Zack

"Oh come on!" I yelled out as another body broke to pieces.

I have had no success in creating a vessel for myself after Gaia and Alaya basically kicked me out because of my Reality Marble. Honestly, I would have been outraged if I didn't receive some good news while I was leaving.

The attack order for the Ultimate Ones was called off by Gaia.

The Ultimate Ones are no longer coming to Earth. That was honestly almost enough to make me completely forget that Gaia and Alaya told me to hit the road until my Reality Marble is dealt with.

Almost.

Sadly, calling off the attack wasn't enough to make ORT leave. So it's still sleeping in south America. Apparently, that thing needs to be specifically ordered to leave or something, and it hasn't been told to.

Goddamn spider.

I went to whatever this place is because Alaya and Gaia don't get bothered here. I can try making myself a vessel to travel with that won't be followed by Nature's Law all the time.

That was easier said than done, however. Brunestud is so lucky to have the Ancestors try to breed him a new vessel. Creating one yourself is hard.

No body I created lasted more than five seconds after it was finished.

"Who are you?" Someone called out and I looked over my shoulder and saw a woman with wine colored long hair, dark purple body suit, and a red spear in her hand.

I recognised her almost instantly.  "I'm a very annoyed Elemental, at the moment," I groaned as I just turned back to look at the bodies and try to figure what went wrong.

"Do you know where you are?" Scathach asked me.

"Yes, and I don't care. I'm leaving as soon as my business is done," I replied, waving my hand at her dismissively.

I could go to the 'Empty Bridge' that is between the Mortal and Mystical Realms but that place is... well, Empty. There's nothing there for me to work with.

"This is my domain. I do not remember giving you permission to stay here," Scathach called yelled out while glaring at me.

I looked at her over my shoulder... and just went back to making bodies. "Cute, but I'm not in the mood."

Scathach's glare intensified as she kicked up her spear and pointed it at me. I groaned and turned to my water element as soon as she charged at me and just let her splash across me and out the other way. She shook the water off her head and looked at me in surprise.

"Yeah, everyone has the same first reaction to seeing me do that."