The longer this awkwardness between them lasts, the harder it becomes for them to breathe.

The twins stood in unison and approached Lisa. Each of them stood by Lisa's side. cornering the blondie, which startled Lisa a little bit.

"Come on, Lisa. Spill it. What's wrong?" Seulgi impatiently asked, which earned a slap on her forearm and a glare from her twin.

"What exactly happened between you and Your Highness? You know, you can always talk to us." Jisoo softly asked and rubbed Lisa's arm.

Lisa finally looked back at them and gave them a smile. The smile that she's been making for the past two weeks.

"What are you guys saying? Your Highness and I don't have any problem. Can't you see? We're fine."

It was now jisoo's turn to be impatient as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. She heaved a long sigh and rested her hip on the sink as she folded her arms under her breasts and looked unamused at the teenage girl.

"Oh, come on. Who are you fooling there? Anyone can tell that you two have problems. Naturally, we don't want to stick our noses, but it's been one week? Two weeks?"

Jisoo wasn't smiling. For the first time, Lisa had seen this gentle woman be annoyed and impatient.

It's not like Lisa doesn't want to open up to them. She just doesn't feel the need to do that. If Lisa ever says it, will there be any significant change between them?

Will Jennie stop avoiding me and be sweet with me again?

Will Jennie go back to how we used to be if they learn it?

Will Jennie choose m-

Lisa clenched her jaw and looked down at her hands. Her grip on the plate also tightened in disappointment that she almost became selfish again. She hates it. She doesn't want to be selfish.

Lisa doesn't want Jennie to choose her just because she said it. She doesn't want to force her to choose. She doesn't want Jennie to feel pressure.

If Jennie doesn't choose her, then *gulp* be it.

Lisa faked a laugh as she looked between the two. "But we don't really have a problem. What made you think that we had?"

"Lalisa." Jisoo called, slowly getting infuriated at Lisa's stubbornness.

The corners of Lisa's lips turned down at the sight of the twins. Seeing the goofy twins looking so serious, finally, put an end to Lisa's mulishness.

Lisa's gaze fell to her feet and it only took two seconds for her tears to start streaming down her face and falling to her bare feet. Her shoulders started shaking as she tried to stop her sobs from slipping between her lips.

What would she really say to the twins? She and Jennie really don't have any problems, at least it can't be called a problem. They were just both upset and confused. They were just both thinking of the future.

They were just both frustrated that the ending was different from what they first thought it would be, or maybe just Lisa, since Jennie was aware of what would be her ending from the very start.

Seeing Lisa break into tears melted the twins' hearts as they enveloped her in a hug and rubbed her back. Lisa's cries were getting louder and louder. She no longer cared if everyone, even the girl that she loved the most, would hear her crying out so loud.

Lisa just- Lisa just wants to let everything out.

It took her almost 5 minutes before she calmed down. She had made Jisoo's dress wet with tears because she was tightly clinging to her.

Seulgi handed her water to steady her breathing and Lisa gladly accepted it. She drank half of it and then sat down on a chair with the twins.

"An hour before my birthday ended, I had a serious conversation with Your Highness. That night, she told me everything, literally everything. She told me that she, along with her father and oldest brother, were killed by her older brother who was now the king of the Kingdom of X. She explained how she was reincarnated and told me the sole reason why she was reincarnated."

Lisa choked on her words as tears started escaping from her eyes again. She abruptly wiped them, causing her to wince in pain because of her sore cheeks.

"I-I also learned what will happen after her revenge, that she will die. And, two months from my birthdate, she will execute her plan. I-I was just sad. I don't want to be selfish and ask her to postpone it or just forget about her plan.

I tried to be okay.

I tried to ignore the tightness in my chest and pretend that I was fine with that plan. T-That I don't mind if she died, but it's hard. I really don't want her to die. I don't want to lose her.

I want to live with her until my last breath. But I don't want to dictate her decisions. I want her to do what she wants to do, to choose who she wants to choose. B-But at the same time."

Lisa was interrupted by hiccups that she probably got from crying too much. She bit her lip to stop her hiccups, which didn't become effective.

Seulgi handed her another glass of water but this time Lisa refused to accept it. She just took another deep breath before she finished what she was about to say.

"But at the same time, I want Jennie to choose me."

Lisa's nails dug into her palms due to distress. She couldn't believe that she actually said those selfish words. She couldn't help but think how Jennie would react if she heard her say it. I bet she will hate me for being selfish.

The twins kept their mouths shut. They couldn't think of anything to say. They respect Jennie and even if they want, they wouldn't stick their noses regarding that revenge plan. They also don't want to dictate what Jennie should and shouldn't do.

They had sworn that whatever Jennie wanted to happen, they would support and help her in making it happen.

So they just again wrapped Lisa in a tight hug, hoping that the hug would make her feel better even though they knew that it wouldn't.

As for Jennie, who had been eavesdropping since the conversation started, couldn't do anything but glare at the floor. Like what she'd been doing for the whole two weeks, she stepped out of her castle and went straight to her father and oldest brother's grave, planning to spend all her time there until the sun set again, giving way for the moon to take over the night.