Nickel x Clover - i wanna be somebody, somebody to you

A/N

messed up an English oral

now y'all get to suffer :>

!!WARNING!!

This oneshot contains:

Angst

Swearing (uncensored)

Death

Implied domestic violence

A bit of ableism

3rd POV

"You can't keep doing this Nickel!"

"Try and fucking stop me!"

Baseball stomped over to his friend, snatching the scissors from his hands. Nickel screamed in protest, but immediately shut up when Baseball shoved him to the side in order to survey the damage. Another intricate carving; because Nickel preferred it over drawing. Of course, that also meant that another desk was ruined. Baseball sighed loudly, making his disappointment evident in his tone.

"You have to stop, Nickel. I get it's you 'coping' or whatever, but at least get wood that's made for carving."

The grey-haired boy turned away, and Baseball realised he was basically talking to a wall.

"Just..." he tried. "Please, don't do it again. You can talk to me, Nickel. That's why I'm here."

A scoff – at least it was a sign that he was listening. Baseball analysed the damage, groaning when he realised it was another flower.

Nickel hated this stupid town.

It was the same town he grew up in, and the same town where he'd lost an arm.

Did he mention that? No? How silly. Yes, he had lost an arm. How? That's your job to figure out – if him flinching at any passing car wasn't enough evidence.

That was his carving arm; his painting arm; his art arm. Now all he had left was his right one, which was useless in terms of skill. He couldn't even hold a pencil now.

Baseball was... gone, and not in the way Nickel wanted. He wasn't just a call away anymore, and that made life really hard. With a soft grumble, he entered a cafe.

This wasn't just any cafe – it was his favourite by far. The people here were kind and understanding of his situation. There was one employee who was different however, and Nickel wasn't quite sure how to feel about them yet.

Clover – everyone's favourite employee.

Puffy black hair tied into pigtails with clips scattered about, and the biggest smile known to man. She wore her apron with pride and never hesitated when it came to being happy. Some considered her and Nickel polar opposites. They couldn't have been closer to the truth.

"Nickel~! It's so great to see you again. Just the usual?"

The grey-haired boy nodded as Clover began preparing his order.

"How's job-finding going?" She asked politely.

"Shit. People don't want me 'cause of my arm."

She frowned a little at that, but immediately brightened up once more.

"Ooh! My boss said you could work here – if that'd help at all. She thinks you're a little sweetheart under that bitter exterior of yours!"

Nickel scoffed at the offer, sitting down at a table not too far from the counter. But then he thought it over. He hadn't been provided with a job opportunity in a while, and compensation money was running low.