Knife x Pickle - when i say your name, my heart goes up in flames

A/N

me: wants to write knickle
me: writes knickle
also me a couple days later: does it again-
can you tell i like knickle?
that's why i was so happy when my faithful reader @/me requested it
thanks vee, love ya <3
(but not as much as my editor-) (E/N: no u)
this is part two to where i left off in the silvercandle oneshot
why?
bakery bromance brainrot hhhngrh

3rd POV

Pickle and Knife were the bestest of friends. Heck, even better friends than Lightbulb and Fan!

It's not every day that your best friend gives up their high-status job to run a small bakery with you.

That's just what Knife did though.

He'd dropped his position as one of the head knights of the kingdom to come and assist Pickle at the bakery. Silver Spoon – the king – was surprisingly supportive of Knife's decision. The king had claimed that the role of head knight would always be available for Knife if he ever wished to return to the position again. Knife said he'd think on it, but Pickle was well-aware that he was probably lying. Knife claimed that he would only ever become a knight again if it could benefit the both of them, which was a sentiment that warmed Pickle's heart like a cake in an oven. The ex-knight always put others before himself. He had come to comfort Pickle after he was betrayed by an awful merchant from the Lemon Kingdom. Knife had helped Pickle put his life back together and now he was an active part of it. The baker couldn't be more thankful when it came to that last statement.

Sure, he had other friends like Bomb – another knight who was well trained in archery, Paper – a journalist for the king, and OJ – the events manager in the castle. He had found, however, that none of them had that same... spark like Knife did. Knife was dedicated to serving for the good of others; Pickle's other friends simply did it to get by. To say the least, Pickle was so thankful to have Knife as a friend. Really, he was.

Recently though, he had been longing for him and Knife to develop into... something more.

Maybe, the thought had entered his mind just like Knife's handsome grin did, on the daily. Maybe, he was longing for those strong, knightly arms to hold him close. Maybe, he wished Knife would dream of him and no one else. Maybe, he wished Knife would talk to him about everything for hours on end, just so the baker could hear his deep, gravelly voice.

(E/N: almost as deep as Pickle's love for Knife. and almost as deep as I am in ur mo-) (A/N i will throw you in the bin) (E/N: not if i do it first 🙂)

And maybe, Pickle might be a little bit in love with Knife.

He wasn't sure yet. The last time he'd fallen in love with someone, they had turned their back on him and left him in the dust. It wouldn't be crazy to assume that he was cautious about falling in love again. But Knife was different to Taco. He was trustworthy and kind. Taco's hands longed to hold riches while Knife's longed to safeguard those he considered close. (E/N: more like Knife longed to hold Pickle-) (A/N he doesn't know that yet shhhhh)

Taco never really liked Pickle; Knife always had. Taco left Pickle to rot; Knife helped him grow once again. Knife was always there for him; Taco left the second she saw gold.

So, why was Pickle deciding not to bring up the kiss that Knife had pressed to his cheek earlier this morning?

Great question! Pickle was hoping you'd know the answer.