Balloon x Nickel - Sandcastles

A/N

Requested by Helicopterlikestofly and Sea_Lxght

well fellas
we've made it
the 69th chapter

i think now would be a great time to mention i'm asexual

moving on from that,
I didn't include any art because I was already dragging on with this oneshot so sorry if you were annoyed about that!

this was originally meant to be sooooo much longer but i congested it for the sake of releasing it
And sure, 1900 words isn't necessarily long but still it could've been eons longer

Speaking of which, serious o'clock question

Do  you want me to
a) make these chapters longer but have longer release things
b) make the chapters shorter and have shorter intervals between releases

Personally, i would prefer the former but I wanted to get your opinion

Back to the oneshot yay!
Enjoy!

3rd POV

"Nickel."

"No Baseball."

"You can't stay in the hotel for the entire trip!"

"Wasn't planning on it. I was gonna go on walks."

"Nickel, that doesn't count!"

"Well, technically it does."

"Nickel."

"What?"

Baseball sighed, flipping his towel over his shoulder. The two were trying to go on a vacation to the beach together but someone wanted nothing to do with the outside world.

"I'll be back around 5, okay?"

"Alright."

"There's a spare keycard on the table if you ever-"

"Got it. You can go now."

Baseball didn't really have a choice as he was pushed out by his much smaller friend and quickly locked out.

"Yay. Alone time."

Nickel sat down on his bed, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah no. I don't think I can stay here any longer."

A soft breeze rustled the tree's leaves. The sun shone through gaps in the clouds. All in all, it was very peaceful. Balloon was basking in the serenity of the moment, something he rarely got to do. He happily strolled to the beach, finding a spot to settle in the sand. Humming a song to himself, he began building up the foundations for his sandcastle.

He was distracted when he saw a sad looking stranger plop into the sand not too far from him. Gaining a sudden burst of confidence he decided to speak up.

"Hey uh... Do you wanna make a sandcastle with me?"

Immediately regretting his words, he hid his face as the stranger turned around.

"Excuse me?"

"Sorry it's fine if you don't want to or-"

"No, I genuinely didn't hear you. What did you say?"

Balloon took a couple deep breaths in an attempt to stop himself from having a breakdown.

"Y-You looked sad... Do you wanna help me make a sandcastle?"