Cheesy - are these bleus parma-nent?

A/N

(looks from jack stauber to cheesy)
(gently nudges them together)
it's been a while since i've written a backstory huh?
i'm chucking comedy gold out for this one and rolling in the angst
... okay maybe there'll be subtle hi-

look at this point it might as well be comedy gold but more cheesy-centric
alright let's get grooving
also i made a spotify playlist with all the songs i mentioned in this story:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1XCj1CxQUiUVszg7U59Ok0?si=8c41d43c3829424b 
have fun with that :>

WARNING!!

This oneshot contains:

Angst, you know the drill guys

Self harm

Toxic relationships (platonic and romantic)

Bullying (physical and verbal)

Mentions of miscarriage

Child abuse (mental and emotional)

Cheesy's POV

The sound of beeping car horns and screeching wheels filled my brain to the brim as I walked back home from school.

Hi there! My name is Chester, but my friends call me Cheesy, so you can too. (A/N yes my readers, you are canonically cheesy's friend in this oneshot. be thankful.)

My life has always been... hectic to say the least. I was a star achiever in academics for some semesters but on the verge of failing in others. I always thought it wasn't fair. That was until I was diagnosed with Seasonal Affective Disorder. Put simply, it means I get really depressed during winter. Something that's pret-ty bad for my grades. Double that with my ADHD and boom, you get a match made in hell when the cold comes around.

"Hey Cheesy!"

That's one of my best friends, Microphone. She's stuck with me since we started highschool and we haven't left each other's side since.

"Hey Mic! Didn't think you were gonna come this way."

She chuckled, pulling her long black curls out of her scarf. Did I mention it was winter already? Probably not.

"Soap asked me to swing by. She needed a distraction."

"Hm, fair enough."

Soap was another one of my friends. Her life was more hectic than mine and that was saying something! She was usually left in charge of her three younger siblings when her parents left to do... whatever they did. Every now and then she'd need a distraction. That distraction usually ended up being Microphone.

"Are you heading home?"

"Nah, I was gonna swing by the grocery store and stock up on comfort snacks and all that junk."

Microphone made a noise of acknowledgement as she stuffed her hands into her pockets.

"That's cool."

We walked in a peaceful silence. Snow was expected to fall tonight, which was an event that the chilly temperatures would prompt. Snow never puts me in a good mood. Something about the nibbling air coupled with falling snowflakes makes me feel cold and alone.

"Hey, I gotta go this way now. I'll see you on Monday, yeah?"

Right. Today was Friday. I was spending the weekend by myself.

"Duh, say hi to Soap for me, kay?"

"Sure thing cheese-man."

With that, she was off, and I was left alone. Leaves were scattered across the pavement, with a chilly winter breeze stirring them every now and again. The sky's dull grey shade did nothing to lighten my mood as my boots clunked on the concrete beneath me. The familiar hum of the grocery store reminded me of why I went this way in the first place.