Test Tube x Fan - our love is god

A/N

(dumps a bunch of religious trauma on the table and leans on it)
hey guys how ya doin
i literally love this ship

i also relate to fan a little bit too much for my liking so that's always fun
the headcanon that they're both trans and just support each other unconditionally makes me so happy
so i'm using that :]
also he/they fan?
it's more likely than you'd think

enjoy!!

!!WARNING!!

This oneshot contains:

Homophobia and transphobia

You didn't specify fluff or not so angst it is

Religious trauma

A lot of stuff related to Christianity-based trauma

Mild kinda gory stuff

3rd POV

Test Tube took a deep breath. "Bag?" She tugged lightly on the straps. "Check."

"Glasses?" She pushed them up her nose. "Check."

"Uniform?" She looked down at the boy's uniform with a wince. "Check."

Today was her first day at her new highschool. Her parents had been kind enough to send her to a Catholic school of all places. She knew that it wasn't exactly her place, being transgender and all, but she was hoping to find a way to fit in! Many people joined this school in grade 10, like her, seeking out an accelerated course of study that only this school provided. Naturally, Test Tube was given automatic enrollment after the school inspected her academic records. Unlike what she had experienced at her old school, she was hoping to make some long lasting friends here.

"Oof-!"

Test Tube found herself colliding with another student. The two of them fell to the ground.

"Golly! I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-"

She scrambled to pick up their dropped items, looking up to see the other person staring back in awe.

"A-Are you alright?"

They remained silent, their face a prominent shade of red.

"Hello-?"

"Oh, yes! Sorry, I'm absolutely fine."

They brushed off their skirt and gently slid their books out of Test Tube's hands, hugging them close to their chest.

"I am so sorry for the trouble! My brain's been all over the place since this is my first day and-"

Test Tube chuckled a little, handing the student a stray pen they had forgotten to pick up.

"It's alright. Golly, this was a pretty bad first impression, but I'm Test Tube! I use she/her pronouns and identify as female."

The person smiled brightly, seemingly taking note of Test Tube's lack of the girl's uniform.

"Oh, I'm Fan! I use he/they pronouns and I identify as a male."

He held out a hand invitingly, Test Tube gladly taking it in hers and giving it a firm shake. They were significantly shorter than her. His hair was dyed bright red with the odd yellow streak.

"Um, what's your core class?"

Test Tube turned on her phone. Her timetable was her lock screen.

"I'm in 10A. How about you?"