What Lisa doesn't know is Jennie looks really nervous right now. That is why she told Lisa to keep her face on the floor not only because she doesn't want Lisa to know that she was looking so nervous right now but also the fact that she was not wearing anything except for her white towel that was wrapped tightly around her body.

She couldn't wear her beast mask because her hair was dripping wet, so she didn't have any choice but to wear her white mask. It's not like Lis hasn't seen her in that mask yet.

It's just that the last time they had talked while she was wearing this mask, that kiss happened. No matter how much she tried to forget that scene, the deeper it carved into her mind. It was frustrating because she didn't do that with maliciousness and only intended to shut Lisa's mouth.

But Lisa probably thought that there was maliciousness in there. She wanted to clarify that but at the same time no, because she didn't want to talk and think about that again.

"I-I learned from Mino that you asked him to buy every crop that my father would harvest."

Jennie rolled her eyes in annoyance at Mino's loquaciousness and made a mental note of talking to him after this.

Lisa was about to express how grateful she was, but Jennie cut her off, had predicted that that will happen soon.

"Save your gratitude. I didn't do it for you or for your family. I just felt like doing it." Jennie uttered, half lying.

She's not that sure why she had done that too. It's just that she kept on seeing herself in Lisa. That desperation to do something for her family. So before she even got to stop herself from asking Mini to do that, she had already asked him.

Lisa had expected to hear that already from her, but this time, she wasn't insulted for at least a bit because she now knew that Jennie didn't mean everything she was saying. That Jennie is just putting on an act and surrounding herself with thick walls, so Lisa won't be able to reach or at least see her.

"Still, I'm grateful to you, Your Highness. And also," Lisa paused, smiled at herself before she continued, "I apologize for everything I said two days ago. I'll humbly accept whatever punishment you gave to me."

Jennie's brow arched up in surprise. She had never seen this day coming, but she wasn't complaining. She cleared her throat and just replied, "You may stand now."

Lisa gladly obeyed and again attempted to lift her head, but Jennie was quick to put her hand on her head to prevent her from looking up.

"Didn't I tell you to keep your head low?"

"F-Forgive me, Your Highness." Lisa apologized for the nth time in embarrassment.

Jennie just rolled her eyes. She isn't used to this attitude yet, but she's more than grateful.

"And also, d-don't just barge in any room. Knock first and ask if someone was inside the said room."

Jennie had never stumbled on her words, well that was the case until today happened. She wondered what had happened.

"I'll keep that in my mind, Your Highness."

"You may now go," Jennie uttered and crossed her arms on her chest, waiting for Lisa to leave, but Lisa still didn't budge. She just stood there, looking like contemplating something which confused the former princess.

Jennie was about to ask why Lisa was still not budging when Lisa surprised her by suddenly enveloping her in a hug. It was just a quick hug.

Jennie doubted if it even lasted for at least two seconds. But a hug is still a hug. Their body glued for a brief moment. She felt how squishy Lisa is, against her body. She had smelled the sweet fruity fragrance of Lisa, which she wasn't sure if it was due to perfume or the younger girl's natural body scent.

Jennie liked it. She secretly wished that the hug lasted for few seconds so she will be able to smell her perfume for a longer time and until it carved throughout her nerves. Jennie will never admit that her mind hopes for it at least once.

"I'm really grateful, Your Highness. I'll now serve you with my loyalty and will never do something again that will go against you." Liz uttered, head kept down, then vowed for the last time and sprinted off the steam bath.

Jennie was dumbfounded. She slowly blinked her eyes as she tried to process what had just happened. She doesn't know how many seconds had passed already since Lis left and until she came back to her senses. But,when she finally did, the first thing that she
did was lock the door.

Her gaze fell to her clothes lying on the floor as her hand reached out for her mask. Since she tied it in a hurry, she just needed one light pull to get it off her
face.

When she's no longer wearing her mask, that's when she only felt that she can breathe
again.

Jennie bent down to pick up her clothes and took a deep breath, then exhaled loudly while staring at the ceiling. She can hear the fast beating of her heart, it's deafening. It's making her feel like her heart was only next to her ears.

Her hand reached out for her cheeks and was amused at how hot they became. Even though she just got out of the bath, she wanted to go in once again. Thinking that it would cleanse her mind.