IS IT WORTH IT

IS IT WORTH IT

All the way to their destination everyone was quiet. Being aware of the tension between Sharon and Ethan all of them kept their opinions to themselves. Ethan had his mood spoiled just because of some shit head and Sharon was praying for a miracle to happen and the plan to go without any hurdle.

Ian was the most affected of all. He was quiet all along the journey, never took a chance to even talk to his boyfriend for a minute. He was conscious not to trigger something in the older's mood, so to prevent from getting mistreated or getting scolded he kept his thoughts to himself.

It took them a while to reach their destination. All family members were exhausted. The sudden idea of brunch in a very cosy restaurant didn't seem bad at all. So after putting their stuff in their respective rooms at Ian's grandparents' house. They all went for a meal at their old fun place.

Ian was scooped out, by Cameron and Darcy. Mr smith busied himself with his food while talking business with Mr George. Mr George for being a very well expert in the business field never failed to amaze Liam with his adventure in the business world.

The business; is now operated by his brother's son aka his nephew. It was very difficult to believe when Mr George allowed his son to choose his career according to his desires and leave his business. He was a kind father, supported his son in every field of life and never forced himself on his son. Mr Darcy was grateful for that.

The opportunity was great for Sharon when she saw everyone busy in their own world. She scooted near Ethan which caught the younger's attention. She smiled warmly by placing her soft hand over his shoulder.

"what's wrong dear, why are you so down?" she asked. Obvious to the fact that it had to do with that bastard of a neighbour but she wanted to hear him. Ethan smiled at her sadly before he looked down.

"nothing. Just exhausted I guess" he replied trying to get away from the topic but Sharon wasn't having any one of it. She rubbed her hand over his back.

"you can tell me, dear. It is not hidden that you are worried over him" she said while gesturing towards Ian with her head. They both looked at the lovely boy who was giggling a little louder while trying to cover his face with his small hands.

Ethan and Sharon both shared the same adoration they had for Ian. They smiled and Ethan felt a weight lifted off his shoulders when his eyes met with the boy. Ian looked away resembling a tomato on his plate.

"he is so cute isn't he?" said Sharon and smiled at Ian's blushing face.

"he is indeed," said Ethan having heart eyes from the love of his life. Out of the blue, the face of that neighbour came into his vision and his mood fell again.

"what is it that is not okay for you to even smile," Sharon said after she saw how his smile turned down all of a sudden. She was aware of the encounter earlier but again she wanted him to tell.

"It's just.......it's just the way Ian was looking at him..." he trailed off. Sharon wasn't expecting anything like that. She was hoping to get the answer along the lines of 'the way Julian was acting' or 'how much he hates that Julian' but what came out was a little confusing.

"looking like what?" she asked again being totally confused.

"like he was in trance. He was looking at Julian like he was falling, not able to control himself, like.........like he has something for him" there, he said that. He was looking directly into Sharon's eyes. Asking her that even after all of this, is it worth his efforts. Is he working hard for nothing?