Something Is Wrong

Something Is Wrong

Ian pulled away from the kiss and breathed heavily, he was shy but the reason for breaking the kiss was unsettling feelings in his heart. He was a little disturbed. Not knowing the cause was also making things worse.

The older frowned at the action but still followed the gaze of the younger. Being a great observer Ethan was seeing those changes throughout their date. The younger boy was not very much interested or maybe distracted for some reason. Voicing his thoughts Ethan smiled at Ian and held his small hands.

"what's wrong sweetheart, why are looking like you are worried about something?" he asked holding those delicate small hands and caressing them with care.

"I don't know what's wrong with me but I am not myself today. I... I just have a bad feeling that's all" replied Ian leaning in Ethan's chest. That big muscular chest was safe heaven, those clam heartbeats were playing his favorite music, and hands around his small body were acting as a shield but why was he not pleased with all this?

"can we go home, I just want to see mom," Ian asked timidly after a while, not wanting to cancel their date and hurt Ethan's feelings. Ethan smiled before nodding and stood up taking Ian with him. Smiling he landed a kiss on Ian's forehead and started walking towards their car. Ethan made Ian sit and buckle his belt before he went to his own side, he started the engine and held Ian's small hand in his. Ian remained quiet all the way back home. He was tired and his mind was exhausted, wanting to rest and only rest. Hand clasped in a caring grip he closed his eyes for the rest of the journey.

.....

Parking their car near the sidewalk, they saw Mr. Williams coming out of his own car parked in their garage. He waved his hand at them and they both smiled in response. Gathering, they all went to the main door talking about the day. Mr. Williams was feeling giddy, secretly holding a piece of jewelry in his hand, a pendant to be exact. He was going to give Hannah a surprise.

There was no response after their third try of ringing the bell. Mr. Williams and Ian had visible frowns on their faces. They shared a look and both wanted to remain positive.

"Maybe she is asleep," said Ian, and Mr. Williams agreed without wanting to think of other scenarios. Taking out his own keys they entered the house only to back away when a strong punch of stench hit their faces. Ian gaged and Ethan pulled out a kerchief from his pocket to cover his nose. He held Ian close and they all entered again with covered noses. Ian was panicking, his whole day was gone thinking something bad was bound to happen and still he was not ready to face that bad. How can he if he can't even imagine what bad was served in front of him. Similar for Mr. Williams, the smell and the quietness of the house were unsettling to the senses.

Ethan was observing everything, a little lobby running towards the main living area was looking normal except for a few things scattered around like some broken glass, instead, the living room had all the surprise for them. The stench got strong with each step they took in, then it caught his attention. That smudgy, disgusting, blackish green spot where the smell was spurting from. The smell of some dead body was present in the air. He was about to say his thoughts when suddenly his hand was left at his side and he saw Ian running to the corner of the room.

"Mom!!!!" he heard the boy scream at the top of his lungs, gaining his consciousness back he scrambled his way to her body. Both Mr. William and Ian were having tears in their eyes and they were shaking her to gain her back but it was no use.

The first thing in his mind was to call an ambulance and so he did before he called his father. Mr. Smith was shocked listening to the incident and promised to meet at the hospital in a while. The second thing he did was to hold Mr. Williams who was not thinking straight or maybe wasn't able to. He held his shoulder and made him stand up on his feet. Mr. Williams was crying and it was a hard sight to see. He hugged him and rubbed his back before whispering.