She looked around and heaved a long sigh when she saw that no one seems have found her there yet but that didn't put her at ease because she knew that the people in the palace had probably discovered that she escaped and were already out there searching for her.

She no longer wasted time and started moving her feet already. It's not that cold compared to last night since the winter is at least a week far from today. Still, she kept her cloak on and pulled the hood even lower to hide her face. She picked fruits along the way that she assumed were edible to stop her stomach from growling.

The black-haired teenage girl was so confident that God is favoring her when she walks past a middle-aged man that tells her where the Kingdom of X is. It never became easy for her as she spent another 3 days of walking and running all the way back to the Kingdom.

The only thing that she stuffed on her stomach are fruits that she was not a hundred percent sure as edible. If it's delicious or its sourness and bitterness were bearable, then she's fine with eating them.

As for the water, she learned from Jisoo that there was a particular plant that was capable of storing rainwater. There were a bunch of them in the forest so that wasn't considered a problem in the first place.

She was exhausted. She already lost count of the times she fell to the ground because her knees gave up. Due to that, she got bruises on her arms and on her face. Her cloak is full of dirt and its material has already loosened up because it grazes on a stone or accidentally hooks on a branch of a tree or taller and sharper grasses. Lisa doesn't even have time to pity herself.

When she finally saw the tall walls of the Kingdom of X, a joyful tear escaped her eye. She wiped it off at once and fixed her appearance: get rid of sweats and dirt off her face with her cloak so the guards will recognize her.

Lisa can't tell the exact time, but it was at least past midnight already. She can feel her adrenaline rushing to her, giving her more energy and strength to continue walking. She's only a few meters away from the humongous gate. She's only a few meters away from safety.

Lisa was about to take a step to get herself out of the forest and ran towards the
Kingdom's gate when a cold hand stops her by pulling her. The intensity of the pull was harsh and strong which caused Lisa to almost stumble on her feet as her body turned around to face the culprit.

"What do you think are you doing?"

Lisa's eyes widened at the sight of the girl that she hasn't seen for weeks. It was the mysterious girl that was always wearing a cloak and a white mask. She's grateful for a second but when she remembered that this girl is also a servant of that beast, the beats of her heart quicken in nervousness.

"Y-You-" Lisa audibly gulped down, thinking of something she could say to get herself out of the situation.

"Y-You scared the hell out of me. Y-You shouldn't just grab someone's arm like that and appear out of nowhere in the middle of the night with that mask of yours. I thought you were a ghost at first." Lisa uttered, holding the part of her chest where her heart is, pretending to be surprised at the sudden appearance.

She was surprised but she's more nervous now as the thought of her escape plan messing up when she's just a step from the ending.

She needs to calm herself. She needs to fucking calm herself so she will be able to think of a way to run away from the mysterious girl.

Jennie furrowed her brows, confused by the tone that Lisa used. It's like Lisa doesn't know her at all or at least doesn't know her real identity.

Lisa tried to pull her arm, but Jennie's grip is just too tight. After trying to break free for several long seconds, Lisa finally gave up and just sighed.

"Look, Miss Mysterious Girl, I knew you are also a servant of that beast, but I beg of you. Please just let me return to my family. They need me. My father is already old and taking care of my younger siblings while working will be hard for him alone. Please, I'm begging you."

That statement only confirmed Jennie's confusion. She can't blame Lisa though because she had never said that she's also that person, and she assumed Leo also kept his mouth shut.

Jennie had decided to just let things be like that. She will just clarify it some other day. What's important for now is to get Lisa back to her palace.

Jennie ignored Lisa's begs and started pulling the younger girl away from there. Lisa panicked at that and at the top of her lungs, screamed "Help!"

Lisa saw the guards on top of the tall walls snapped their heads in her direction, so she screamed the four-letter word one more time, but Jennie was quick to cover her mouth with her hand and pull her to hide behind a tree.

Lisa heard the guards having commotion that give her more strength so without any hesitation, she bit Jennie's palm. Jennie cursed at the pain that Lisa's teeth inflicted as she pulls her hand away from Lisa's mouth.

Lisa took that as an opportunity to run away from Jennie but was again stopped by her.

For the second time, Jennie pulled Lisa's arm and pushed Lisa against the tree. As for Lisa's mouth, she also stops it from making any sound but not with her hand, but with her own lips.