Sleepover Betrayals

Start from the beginning

'I don't have to tell them that my quirk isn't working, right?' I thought, opening my room door before throwing the old gym bag on the bed, 'Recovery Girl said it's gonna come back, so there's no need to freak out about it,'

Going into my dresser, I scanned the array of clothes. Pulling out something to wear for the night, my eyes fell to the small pile of sweatshirts Shoto had given me. My hand reaching for one, before I stood hesitant.

'Would it be weird?' Frowning, my hand returned to my side, 'What if he doesn't want me to wear it around the other?'

Starring at the thick piece of fabric longer, I shook my head grabbing the sweatshirt anyways before stepping into the bathroom, 'He gave me them to wear. Not stare at,' I reasoned.

Closing the door behind me, I quickly changed. Eyes glancing at the mirror as I noticed the tired look I wore. Another reason why I should be in bed and not at a sleepover.

Hearing my dorm room door open, I furrowed my brow. Looking towards the bathroom door before a familiar voice called my name.

Turning back to my previous task, I quickly made myself heard, "I'll be out in a second, Shoto,"

Pulling the hoodie over my head, I smoothed down the fabric as the smell of his clothes hit my nose. A small sigh left me as I walked out of the bathroom, Shoto sitting on my bed silently waiting for me.

Turning his attention toward me, his mismatched eyes looked towards my clothes before meeting my own eyes. His hands flexed against the bed as he looked towards the floor beneath him.

His jaw tightened as I took notice of his slowed-paced breathing. Furrowing my brow, the weight of the room grew heavy.

Stepping forward, my hands drew close to my body. Fingers picked at one another as I stood in front of him, his eyes only giving me a hesitant glance before looking away again.

Swallowing back the nerves that rose in the back of my throat, I bent down. My eyes looked towards him in worry, "Shoto? What's wrong?"

He didn't look at me, the action causing my stomach to turn sour, prompting my own hand to reach toward him. Gently holding the side of his face, my thumb grazing underneath the scarred skin around his pale blue eye.

Feeling the soft touch, his eyes finally met mine. Smiling to him softly, my other hand rested against his knee. His own hand reaching up to hold the one I placed on his cheek.

Seeing I had gotten a reaction from him, I tried again. My voice was quiet, "Baby, what's wrong?"

He didn't say anything as his other hand pulled against my arm. His nose digging itself into the side of my neck as he pressed his chest firmly against my own. He took in a long breath, letting it out in a shaky sigh as the air brushed past me. The goosebumps it left behind trailed down my arms.

His hands moved to place my arms around his neck. My legs bending up trying to fix the awkward position we were in. For a moment, his hands rested on my hips, before he hesitantly let them fall down behind the back of my legs, lifting up as he pulled me from off the ground and onto his lap.

At the sudden action, my words got caught in my throat as he held me close to him. His head never once lifting from my neck as he pulled his hands up the small of my back.

Another shaky breath left him as his grip tightened around me. His lips brushing past my skin as his soft voice mumbled into my neck, "Sorry I just..." He trailed off, his hands slipping underneath the back of my sweatshirt as he gingerly let his fingers trace the bottom part of my scar, "Can we stay like this?" He questioned. Hesitant in his own movements, "Just for a minute?"