Dinner

I would like to thank KamalalovezDoug 4 her help with writing this💕

~Kamala's office~

Doug- "Lexie I know your sound asleep but we are going to go home when Mommy gets back, and it's going to be nap time for everyone, I'm going to put you in your carseat, so we are ready when Mommy gets back"

Doug carefully picks Lexie up from her pack n play and puts her in her carseat and buckles her up, when he hears Kamala's door open.

Kamala comes over to the couch where Doug is almost done buckling Lexie's seat belt, and she gives him a kiss. "Lexie and Bella did art work today while they were in daycare"

Doug- "aww they did, did you look at it yet"

Kamala- "they did, no I wanted to see what they made with you, Jill put them in these folders, they each have their name on it, this one says Lexie Emhoff and Bella Emhoff and she said we can keep these folders, but the clipboards stay in their cubbies, and we have to bring diapers and wipes to keep there"

Doug- "okay, I think all of my girls need a nap"

Kamala yawns "I agree"

Doug- "Bella is all buckled up in her car seat"

Kamala- "I got the diaper bag and my purse, lunch bag and I have Bella's carseat, and I think we are ready to go home, and then nap time."

Doug- "I think your right"

~Kamala and Doug's House~

Doug- "Honey, nap here on the couch, or in bed, Lexie and Bella are sound asleep but I know we don't like to leave them in their carseats when they are not in the car"

Kamala- "couch"

Doug- "okay, let me get Lexie and Bella out of their carseats, are they still sharing a pack n play"

Kamala yawns- "yes until they are 6 months old"

Doug- "okay"

Doug unbuckles Lexie from her carseat and he picks her up and puts her in her pack n play, and she goes back to sleep, Doug unbuckles Bella and picks her and puts her in the pack n play next to Lexie.

Doug- "Lexie and Bella are in their pack n plays"  he looks over to the couch and Kamala is sound asleep, he gets her blanket and covers her up, and he lays down on the other side of the couch.

2 hours later

2 hours later...  4:00 pm

Doug wakes up and he sees Kamala is still sound asleep, and he gets up to start dinner, and he checks on Lexie and Bella, and they are sound asleep as well.

Doug is making spaghetti with garlic bread, when he feels someone's arms around his waist. "my favorite chef is up from her nap, he gives her a kiss"

Kamala- "I woke up a few minutes ago, I smelled spaghetti and garlic bread cooking, I love you too, can I help, I checked on Lexie and Bella and they are sound asleep, it's so cute, Lexie's arm is on Bella's"

Doug- "if you want to set the table you can, I'm cooking dinner tonight,  my adorable wife had a very hard day" 

Kamala- "I did have a hard day, but I know Lexie and Bella had fun at daycare, after dinner, we will look at their art work that they made"

Doug- "okay, can't wait to see what they made, and Maya's coming over after work, with a surprise"

Kamala- "Me too, what is my adorable hubby up to"

Doug- "you will see"

Lexie wakes up a few minutes later "ga ma da"

Kamala puts the plates, silverware and napkins on the table, "one of our princesses is up"

Kamala goes into the family room, "one of mommy's princesses is up, let's be quiet and not wake sissy up yet"

Kamala picks Lexie up from the pack n play, "Lexie, did you have a nice nap"

Lexie- "ga, ma, da, ga"

Kamala- "let's get your diaper changed and then we will go and watch daddy cook dinner and wait for sissy to get up"

Kamala- "Babe, we will be back, Lexie needs to be changed"

Doug- "okay"

Kamala takes Lexie and waves bye

Kamala and Lexie go into Lexie's room and change her diaper.

Maya comes in a few minutes later...

Maya- "Doug, I got the cake from cold stone creamery that you wanted me to get, does she know, do you want me to put it in the freezer until after dinner"

Doug- "yes please, she knows I'm up to something, but she's not sure what, she's already asking Lexie if she knows, and I know my little girl she won't say, she can't really talk yet, she babbles"

Maya- "yes she does, I see Bella's sound asleep but I don't see Lexie or Kamala"

Doug- "they went to get Lexie's diaper changed, would you like to stay for dinner, Lexie and Bella did art work today at daycare, it was their 1st day"

Maya- "yes of course I will stay, I miss my nieces I need cuddles and how did Kamala do when you both took them to daycare"

Doug- "she did ok, we both had tears"

Maya- "she had a meltdown didn't she"

Doug- "she did, but I comforted her, and so did Jill"

Maya- "Meena wouldn't leave daycare for a while when she and Nick took Amara for her 1st day"

Doug- "Maya, the spaghetti is not done yet, but the salad is, would you like some, or wait for the spaghetti"

Maya- "I will have some antipasto salad, I see you made some"

Doug- "I did, what dressing would you like"

Maya- "Italian please, Sis makes the best Italian dressing, it's mommy's recipe"

Doug- "she does"

Doug puts some salad in a bowl for Maya, and she sits at the table and eats her salad.