Arisu's Unexpected Soft Spot

Yasushi POV

With all the rumors getting around, I noticed while heading to the faculty room that even the teachers knew about them. If this gets even worse, the school may get involved and issue something like with what happened in the Sudou incident. 

Arisu was using a lot of underhanded tactics with this, and I didn't like it one bit. Though I myself was spared from these rumors, my classmates, more specifically my associates, like Ayanokouji and Karuizawa, were not. I should have made a contract with Arisu stating that she wouldn't mess with some of my trusted friends. 

Now I'm worried that Kikyou would get exposed. If that happened, I would support her in taking the class down, but I still haven't decided that I'd help her do so. After all, I can't really defend myself properly if an altercation were to occur about Kikyou being this evil witch and me being ousted as someone who was helping her just because I was her boyfriend. 

Right now, I was supposed to meet with Arisu, but for the first time ever, she was a no show. Here I was just wanting answers, and she decides to hide from me. 

"Hey Sakayanagi-kun, what are you doing here?"

From across the hallway, Nishikawa Ryouko called out to me. 

"I wanted to discuss something with Arisu, but I guess she bailed on me." I said as she approached. 

"Is that so? Sakayanagi-san is really busy these days though, since most of our classmates are now managed by her.'

"And what about Katsuragi? Did he just become an outcast like Ryuuen in his class?" 

"Sort of. I mean he still talks and stuff, but it's obvious he lost all of his influence, save for Totsuka-kun."

Nishikawa's eyes darted around the empty hallway before continuing our chat.

"How are things with the rumors and stuff?"

"Not good. Everyone's criticizing each other like it's doomsday. I may not be a victim of the rumors, but everyone else is really acting differently because of them."

And this is just a fraction of what Kikyou could do, since she has a lot of people's secrets. Hell would break lose if she were the one spreading rumors. 

"Well since Arisu is a no show, I think I'll be taking my leave." 

"Wait a moment! I wanna ask you a few more questions." Nishikawa said, insisting that I stayed. 

"Sigh...What's this about Nishikawa? I haven't known you for long, but that isn't to say I think you're acting weird."

Making you her perfect spy.

"I want to talk to you about what's been happening these days. Every single class has been affected by these rumors, even ours." 

"That doesn't concern me in the slightest. I have already decided to stay out of this mess. Horikita and the others can fix it, I believe the class representatives will be meeting up anyway." 

Nishikawa doesn't have a valid enough reason for me to stay, so I just walked away from her. But, not without one last warning. 

"In the event that you follow me, you'll be confirming all of my suspicions. In the event that you don't, you admit to your guilt, and still confirm my suspicions." 

____________________________________________

I was walking through a quiet park, aiming to find a moment of peace. Though I have removed myself from the responsibility of combating these rumors, it still weighed on me how I was currently acting like a coward.