Volume 3: The Island of Hell

Yasushi POV

The same line kept repeating in my head ever since we boarded. Why would the school be this nice?

"Woohoo! This is awesome!"

A lot of people were currently out on the deck, including me. Well...let's just say I was forced to come here. 

"Maida-kun, come here! Look at this view!" 

Kushida I'm seasick, I've vomited around three times now. You don't see it on my face? Of course you don't. 

"No thanks, I'll stay here." 

"Oh come on! Here, look!"

I was looking down, listening to some music from my earphones while leaning on a wall of the cruise ship Speranza. Kushida suddenly yanked my arm and dragged me towards the railing of the ship. The view was an amazing sight to behold but...

Up, down, up, down

The waves were making me dizzy and nauseous. Kushida, let me go!

"Yup, it's a good view. I'm heading back now."

"What? Hey get back here Maida-kun!"

I pulled my arm back then walked away and towards the ship's inner hull, where I can't see the waves. Now my stomach was able to calm down, that motion was really putting my illnesses up to speed.

"Maida." 

"What the- Cough cough!?"

I turned around me, hands up ready to defend myself, only to see Ayanokouji standing there.

"You're really jumpy today. Something wrong?"

"Sigh...Kushida's been hounding me to join her in her leisurely trips to the stores in this cruise ship since the day we boarded. Also, I'm seasick so my mental fortitude is taking a hit."

"Also, what's with the mask and your sudden cough?"

"My allergies have been coming back. My illnesses are getting triggered."

We've been hanging out a lot lately, because I planned it in the first place. I didn't think my social courage would be buried in the process. Kushida was a demon when it came to her conversations about mundane things, especially since I've seen her other side. It was also her fault on why I'm in this condition. All the times we went out, there was a slight view of the waves.

It isn't the seasickness doing this to my body per se, it's my condition. My medical records say that I have problems revolving around my circulatory system, but that's about all I saw. My father knew the actual details, but even he didn't tell me much.

In short, I'm being attacked by a long term illness, and the effects of seasickness.

"I see, well you should probably retire to your room while she's gone. And keep an eye out for those 'interesting things'."

"I will, see you later Ayanokouji."

I briskly left the area as he went back towards the ground deck. There was quite a problem with my room. I was roomed with Miyake Akito, Sotomura Hideo and Okitani Kyosuke, who seem like nice people, but...

I opened the door and went inside, only to see a portable computer on my bed.

"Ah, greetings Maida-dono. Apologies for having to use your bed as my headquarters."

One of my roommates was an otaku, whom some in our class call 'Professor'. I call him that as well purely because the nickname stuck around after a while of hearing it.