Volume 1: Foundations

Yasushi POV

The entrance ceremony was, to put it bluntly, boring. There were around 160 people in the gymnasium for it, makes sense since it's the entire first year student body. After that we were given the rest of the day as free time, to explore the school and get ourselves settled in.

I for one went to the dormitories to check out my room. I received my room key, which was an electronic card that had the numbers 309 on it. I went to the third floor and quickly found that room to which I entered. Pretty normal for a high schooler living alone.

A bed, a desk and chair with a provided computer setup, a kitchen area, a bathroom and a little space in the middle to move around in. I put down my bag on the desk and took another brief look around the room.

"Sigh." I let out a sigh of exhaustion, I usually don't like bright looking rooms but what could I do? It's not like I can just renovate the entire place with black wallpapers, that sounds like too many points being spent.

"Well then, I guess I should get myself some food." I thought aloud.

__________________________

After I left the convenience store with a small haul that would last me the week, I explored a bit. There was a place in the campus called Keyaki Mall, from the looks of the height it should have four or five floors. I entered and was greeted by an open air mall with multiple buildings.

The outside really got me huh? I thought it would be an air conditioned facility with escalators everywhere but I guess this is more practical and flexible for whatever budget this school had.

The first place I looked for was an electronics store, to which I found and bought a pair of earphones that costed 5000 points. Then, I went to look for a book store and bought three books that costed at a total of 3000 points. These should keep me interested in something for a while.

As I left the book store and started going back to the dormitories, I saw a commotion on that path. Great...

I took the route of the convenience store I first went to, and ran into the red haired guy from my class, who was fighting with some other students.

"Whaddya just say to me!?"

"Look at him, barking like an angry dog. Ha ha! You kouhais don't even know the hell you'll experience."

"You know what little pup we're gonna let you off the hook this time, see you around, stupid defect."

They must be senpais, at least second year students. After the three of them left the red haired guy got angry and kicked the nearby trash cans, then left as well. Soon after, Ayanokouji from my class came out, looked around and proceeded to tidy up the place. I decided to make my entrance.

"Hey there, let me give you a hand."

"Oh...thanks." He replied, seemingly unsure on how and why I was here.

"You're Ayanokouji Kiyotaka from my class right?"

"Yeah, you are...Maida Yasushi?"

"Yeah, introductions was pretty hard wasn't it?"

"Well, you didn't really mess yours up like I did."

"I mean, I haven't really formally introduced myself for quite a while now so I was really nervous."

"I see." We finished picking up the trash and I looked upward.

"You noticed?" Ayanokouji asked.

"The camera? Yeah, in our classroom and the stores I visited too. This school has strict surveillance." I feel like they only wouldn't put cameras in the bathrooms, changing rooms and dorms.