Volume 3: Body Problems

Yasushi POV

It was currently the second day, roll call already came and went. I was currently in a group with Horikita to capture spots, we already recaptured the river and cave, now for the tower and hut.

"You feeling alright Horikita-san?" I asked

"I'm just fine."

"Is something the matter Horikita?"

"No need to worry Sudou-kun."

There were five of us, all to keep Horikita's identity hidden. The problem was Yamauchi was also here, and boy he has no shame.

"Man this forest sucks. If only we could see better, and it's so hot." 

Yamauchi had taken his off his jumper and was left with his shirt and pants, he was swinging around and his sweat went all over the place. Horikita and I went as far away as we could from him, Sudou also understanding, was blocking Yamauchi from view.

"Oi Haruki, stop swaying your sweat in the environment."

"Eh? Come on I'm turning into fried food here."

"That doesn't matter, that'd get us minus points y'know."

I don't think sweat would destroy the environment, but at least that stopped Yamauchi. 

Everything aside my condition got severely worse from yesterday. I slept on the rock hard ground instead of a comfortable bed, all while my sickness ate away at my body. At least it's not showing to others, I just started walking slower. 

"There's the tower. Sudou-kun, support Horikita-san in getting up."

"Right."

I had told a select few about Horikita being sick, that included Sudou. What they don't know is that I was sick as well.

"Careful with her Ken!" Yamauchi shouted teasingly.

"Shut up Haruki."

Sudou climbed up the ladder and helped Horikita get to the top of the tower. He waved from there, saying they got it.

"Yamauchi, you and Okitani head back to camp with the food we got along the way." I said. 

"Right, leave it to us!" 

"Let's go Okitani."

Well someone's easily coursed. 

They took the food on the ground and from my hands, then left to go to the river base. 

"Cough cough...augh."

I took off my mask so I could breathe easier. My condition was too bad for me to continue running around the island doing work. 

"Ugh...Horikita-san! Sudou-kun! I'm heading back! I'll call Kouenji-kun and a few others to help you in claiming spots!"

"Sounds good man- Wait that guy!?" Sorry Sudou, you can't complain.

I walked back to the river base with my hand clutching onto my chest. When I got there, a commotion was occurring.

"Just leave us alone Class C!" Shinohara was shouting for people to leave.

"What's wrong with us bein' here? Not like we're bothering any of your work." A face from Class C came into view. I think this guy is...Oh wait it's Komiya. I almost forgot his name.

"Oi Komiya-kun, stop making a ruckus in our campsite. What do you want?" I went ahead and stepped in. 

"Oh hey hey Maida! We were just trying to tell your fellow defects about a true summer vacation."