Volume 7.5: Cupid Hits the Target

Yasushi POV

Today was the day. It was morning on the 25th, Christmas Day. It was also the day of my first date with Kikyou.

For some reason, I was feeling quite nervous. I had dressed myself for the occasion accordingly, my outfit concealed by my black coat. The plan was all set as well, and now I just had to go and meet her. I checked everything once more, then I opened the door...only to see Arisu?

"What are you doing here and how long have you been standing there?" I asked the obvious question.

"I stood here for around ten minutes. As for why I'm here, I would like to give you a good luck charm."

She motioned for me to get to her level, so I did. The next thing she did shocked me to the point I almost tripped.

She kissed my cheek.

"Let it be known that I was the first one to kiss you. Fufufu."

"Heh? Why did you even do that in the first place?"

"A good luck charm as I said. Would you like one on the lips this time?"

"Even for step-siblings that is inappropriate behavior. Please don't."

"Fufu, rejected again."

Again? Seriously what is with her today?

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Best of luck on your very first, real date."

"You're gonna kill me with that kind of pressure. Oh and by the way, I have a little request."

"A request? Is that not rude to Kushida-san to make a request for another girl?" Arisu asked, trying to look innocent.

"I know you'll be following me anyway, so do me a favor and keep the other girls from making too much of a ruckus."

Silence. Arisu pulled out her phone and fiddled with it. After a few minutes, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Need backup, prince?"

Prince?

"Well that's a new nickname. What could you be doing here Hashimoto...? Kitou, Kamuro and Nishikawa too?"

They were all behind me. When the hell did all of you get here?

"Princess called us in. So other stalkers are gonna be trying to ruin your little date?"

Kamuro elbowed him hard.

"Stop making it sound like we're gonna be the ones to ruin it." She said afterwards.

"Don't worry about it Sakayanagi-kun! Anyways, what was this about other girls?" Nishikawa inquired.

"Matsushita let it slip to me that the girls in my class are planning to spy on us while we're out and about. Though she didn't say it directly, her face said absolutely everything."

"We're experts on this one! We got this, right guys?" Hashimoto said enthusiastically.

All of them just nodded.

"Just please don't interfere with us too. Anyway, I have to go."

"Have fun out there! We'll be watching." Hashimoto said as I walked away.

_________________________________________

I arrived at the meeting spot, just as planned. Since Arisu and her entourage interrupted me, I thought I was a bit late.

"Yasushi-kun! Over here!"

Looking around, I heard someone call out to me. It was none other than Kushida Kikyou herself. Like me, her outfit was hidden under a coat, a coat which had a color pallet of pink and white. I walked up to her.