SS Kushida Kikyou: Vengeance is a Lie

"Can we put aside our differences for now Kushida-san? For Maida-kun's sake."

"For once I have to agree with your words Horikita-san. It's disrespectful for the class Maida-kun has tried to keep stable to fight amongst each other."

I hate it when Horikita's right about something, but she was. Yasushi-kun got hurt, and part of the fault is mine because I was stupid. I was a stupid person for not keeping a closer eye on him, pay more attention to him, all that sort of stuff. Now, he got hurt.

Yasushi-kun and Ayanokouji-kun have worked hard with Hirata-kun and I to stabilize the class. In my perspective it truly is disrespectful to fight amongst ourselves, especially if it's only because of one of them getting injured. 

"I have to go Kushida-san. If you're really that affected by it, I suggest you take it easy." 

"To hell with your suggestions."

"I'm just saying."

Even the high and mighty Horikita Suzune was somewhat affected by the event. Not a single person could've anticipated a student would get so wounded that they'd need treatment on school grounds.  While he's gone, it's up to us to keep the class going till summer is over, it shouldn't be that bad.

"Kushida-chan? Hey, there you are!" A voice called out.

I quickly put on my normal happy face then turned around to meet them.

"Oh? Kokoro-chan? Is there something the matter?"

"Nothing of the sort, it's just that Ichihashi-san and the others are worried about you."

I see, so they're worried? I'm flattered.

"Please tell them it's nothing Kokoro-chan. I just need to think things over because of what happened to Yasushi-kun."

We made a promise to call each other by our first names. Who knew that a few days later he'd get in an accident. Was it a bad omen? Who can say...

"A-Are you really sure Kushida-chan?"

"Yeah...I need my space for now."

They knew I was close to Yasushi-kun, because of that accident we had in the tent when we were arguing. Surely they'll understand that even I, Kushida Kikyou, needs her own "me time".

"Okay then, but please we need to talk to you again soon. The class will be in disarray for a while since even Hirata-kun won't talk."

"Mn, I'll be back to normal by tomorrow. I promise."

With that, Kokoro-chan left with a goodbye. I also decided to leave that area and roam the lower decks for a while. 

The ship was silent, I guess most of the people retired to their rooms because of exhaustion. Well, that's what I believed till I heard a commotion. It was members of Class A.

"How do you explain this result huh!?"

"Katsuragi, what is the meaning of this!"

"Oi all of you shut up! You trusted Katsuragi-san with our class so you can't blame him!"

I was hiding by a corner, involuntarily listening. Looks like Class A is in rough shape, must be the leader struggle Yasushi-kun talked about in the past.

"Hey, how're you doing."

"Eep!"

On instinct I hit the person behind me by elbowing his abdomen.

"Ow ow! The heck's your problem?"

"Huh? Hashimoto-kun?"

"The one and only."

"Please don't sneak up on me like that! Sorry for elbowing you."

"It's fine, just your reflexes. Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"Uhm, nothing really..."

"Listening in on them?"

Well fuck, I mean it was as clear as day that I was, but fuck. 

"Relax, I'm not on Katsuragi's side anyway."

"O-Oh."

"Before I destroy whatever they have going on there I have a question. You're with Maida right?"

"Yeah, the news hit me really hard."

(Okay this isn't cheerful Kushida nor her other self, it's a mixture of both because of what happened.)

"Good, then this'll be easy to say. You know Sakayanagi Arisu?"

"Yeah, I know who Sakayanagi-san is."

"She's told me that Maida can't walk on his own anymore, I'm a credible source. Now go, before they hear you."

"He...He's what?"

"I don't like repeating myself but since it's bad I'll say it again. Maida can't walk on his own, his leg didn't get amputated but he can't walk on his own. His situation now is that of Sakayanagi's."

So he...can't walk on his own anymore...huh?

"I'll leave you alone for now. You should leave now, before they hear you. My class didn't really care about the news."

Hashimoto-kun with a serious face is really different to that of him with a grin or smug look. He patted me on the shoulder and went towards them, I didn't hear them because I tuned them out.

I thought about what he said as I walked.

"It's all...my fault..."

He got a heart attack...got a severe injury on his left leg. Now...he can't walk.

I don't know what I should think about this.

"Yasushi-kun...I hope you're okay."

Maida Yasushi is a guy that found me red handed trying to let out my stress. He used me, and in return showed me mercy, gave me advice, all that stuff. I was supposed to hate him, want vengeance, that's how it was supposed to work...

So why...does it hurt so much? To hear him losing a part of his life, for something as stupid as victory? No, this isn't how it's supposed to work.