Volume 7: Team X

I've returned home. Thanks for your patience dear reader. This is a long chapter.

Also may I remind you all again that I will be writing up until Volume 7.5. However, over the course of my vacation I've made up my mind of writing scenes from the future volumes like the event selection exam and class vote, but not the full on volume altogether. This book has grown a lot in the past month and I don't want to discontinue it just yet.

Once again, thank you for your patience and continued support. 

Yasushi POV

According to Ayanokouji, Karuizawa was already at the rooftop. That said, Kikyou and I were currently at Keyaki Mall, hanging out after what she had just done.

She was basically gleaming with joy after I had said yes. We almost tumbled onto each other after the sudden hug. Now though, we were just buying ourselves some milkshakes to celebrate.

"Cheers." We both said to each other.

"So, what do you think is a good time for our first date?" Kikyou asked, taking a sip from her milkshake.

"How about Christmas Day? I don't have any plans at that time, not even with Arisu."

"Sounds good to me! I'll just tell my friends that I have some other business to attend to."

Please let her excuse not be "I got myself a boyfriend", it'll actually be embarrassing.

"Right then, so now about this current situation. Karuizawa is on the roof right now and Ayanokouji wants us on standby." 

"Mn, where should we wait?" She asked.

"After this? In the school building, the floor below the rooftop. Though if it weren't for my handicap we could wait wherever."

"So we won't be doing much this time?"

"No, we're just backup. Ayanokouji has some...'friends', that he called for."

"Which means that we actually have nothing to do." 

"...Frankly, yes. We've got nothing to do. I will say though is that Ryuuen is done for whether we help or not. And besides, it'll give me more time to think about our plans."

"I mean..." Kikyou suddenly got all shy.

"What is it? Let me remind you that you were the one to confess, I should at least plan the first date." 

"Don't say such a thing when you didn't even react that much to what I said!"

"Firstly, I wasn't expecting such a thing. And second, I have no experience in romance, which is why I just kept my cool instead."

"*Sigh*...Idiot, that's so like you." 

"Never thought that was a likeable quality of me." 

I finished my milkshake then looked at my phone. Arisu had messaged me a GIF that said "Congratulations" followed by by celebrating emojis, then came an ominous message.

[I suggest you do not mess up Yasushi-kun~] 

"Question for you Kikyou. Did you tell Arisu about what you did?" 

Once I said that, Kikyou had widened eyes then looked away.

"W-What are you talking about I wonder?" 

"Now that is one very fake smile. What did you two talk about?"

"Umm..."

"By your body language you are desperately trying to find an excuse. Just tell me the truth, you can't fool me."