Volume 7.5: What Humanity is Like

Shameless advertisement here. If you have time, please kindly take a look at my other book "COTE: Mysterious Siblings". I'm about to begin Volume 3 there. Also the Volume 7.5 chapters are gonna be a little shorter than normal (Except for the big date). Thank you for reading this text:)

Yasushi POV

(Ayanokouji and Arisu met up in the morning, and it is currently right after the movie malfunctions in Ayanokouji's end, so the timing doesn't contradict.)

December 23rd.

I was hanging out with Arisu today and tomorrow. She had agreed to helping me with plans for my date with Kikyou. I still thought it was pretty suspicious, but I welcomed her nonetheless. 

We were at a cafe on a table together, hot cocoa on our respective sides of the table, and a chess board in the middle.

"I am quite curious as to why you agreed, Arisu." I said, moving my knight to take her pawn.

"Is it that strange for someone like me?" She said, moving to take my knight.

"Quite frankly, yes. You want something out of this, don't you?" 

"Its a good thing you know me by now, after all that's happened." 

After a few more moves, she finally brought me to checkmate with her queen and two rooks.

"Another fine match. However, you still can't seem to beat me."

"*Sigh*...Well, what do you want out of helping me with dating plans?"

"Nothing."

"Like I'd believe that." 

We just stared at each other for around a few minutes, waiting for the other to react. Arisu was the first to give in, sighing.

"I just want to see you happy is all."

"...I'm still not buying it."

I always think that people would want favors. This is just want of those scenarios again. No matter what relationship I have with her, I'm not buying the fact that she wants nothing. Besides, this is Arisu we're talking about. 

"What would you have me do so you would believe me?"

"Ask me for a favor maybe? I don't really know."

"Hm? Then how about this?"

She showed me a slip of paper.

Meet at noon / Movie of your choice at the theatre/ Lunch at a reservation / Shopping / Cafe before heading home

(Totally not almost the same exact plan Satou has for plot reasons. Nothing suspicious at all.)

"I'm obviously no expert on dates, but this looks decent. Have you perhaps thought this out for a while now?" I asked.

"I had Hashimoto-kun and Masumi-san make a draft, then I made my own with a combination of their ideas and an idea from me. So yes, you could say that."

"Those two? Huh. That's incredibly interesting." 

"Enough about them. I'll leave the movie and restaurant reservations to you. Pick anything Kik...Kushida-san likes. As for the shopping, its in your best interest to go wild, maybe buy a gift for her in the process."

Actually I already had a gift for her, as thanks for the gift she gave me when she confessed. I suppose another one wouldn't hurt. 

"That still doesn't undermine my question. What do you want out of this?"

"Haven't I already said it? I would like to see you happy."

I am still not buying it, but from here on out I feel like she'll just shoot down my suspicions over and over.