Volume 6: "Friends"

So I'm an idiot and thought that Ayanokouji's class was still Class C. I had to rewrite a little of each part in Volume 6 to maintain proper class referencing.

Here's a little update on the class standings

Class A (Ichinose)

Class B (Horikita)

Class C (Sakayanagi)

Class D (Ryuuen)

Yasushi POV

After finishing up the study group session, I decided to tag along with the group heading back to the dorms.

"Your grades are no joke Sakayanagi."

While I was helping out with grading Miyake and Hasebe, Yukimura let me do a set of questions as well. Humanities wasn't really my forte but I still got a perfect score.

"How do you do that anyway." Hasebe said, sounding exhausted.

"Sakayanagi is just smart Hasebe." Miyake said.

"Well he doesn't get top marks for such reasons as not studying. You don't cheat do you?" Yukimura eyed me.

"Of course I don't, what kind of accusation is that?"

"I was just making sure, so don't mind me. You two though, I expect much more improvement in the upcoming sessions. We need to fix up your humanities so we can move on to other subjects."

"I get it, I get it. Studying is so hard, I don't think I've done that for two hours straight before. Does anyone do that?"

I used to study for six hours back in junior high when it's the weekends.

"You've got to be joking. When university entrance exams begin, you'll need to study for at least three hours after class. Four hours, if you can manage it. And I mean every day. When exams are close, you'll want to study ten hours a day on your own." Yukimura said, an irritated look on his face. 

"Huuuh? No way, no way! There's no way I can study like that. Come on, you know that, Yukimuu." said Hasebe.

"My older sister is a teacher. She always studied that much before an exam as her usual routine."

"Well, maybe you just come from a really elite lineage! Yukimuu, are you thinking of becoming a teacher?"

"There's nothing particularly 'elite' about becoming a teacher. If I wanted that, why would I come to a school like this, one unlike any others in the world?"

Yukimura had a point. If you wanted to be a teacher, there wasn't any particular benefit in specifically choosing this school. Besides, he's probably aiming for something way higher than that.

"So why did you come here?"

"It doesn't really matter. Do you want to ask everyone why they decided to enroll? If you had someone trying to pry into your business, you'd understand how it feels." said Yukimura.

He was clearly trying to shoot Hasebe down, but unfortunately, his response appeared to have the opposite effect. Hasebe didn't look particularly upset. Rather, she volunteered her own life story.

"I got interested in the school because of the promotional advertising they ran, you know? I mean, advancing to higher education or getting a good job just because you graduated from here? Who wouldn't choose this place? Isn't that good enough for most people?" She said.

"A lot of people also enroll here because it's free. We don't even have to pay for our dorms, and the campus is set up so that we can survive without using any points. Right now, I appreciate that more than any guarantees after graduation." Miyake said.