Volume 1: Hello ANHS

Yasushi POV

I am currently on a public bus heading to my new school. I sincerely hope I could find something here to keep me from stressing over the past. I searched all over the internet after I overheard my teachers and classmates talking about the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. It's basically a place of guaranteed college of your choice or work if you want to. Honestly, it wouldn't be bad for me, but that wasn't the reason why I chose this school.

(Note: This isn't the same bus as ayanokouji and the old woman incident)

I am here because I want to continue fulfilling the promise I made to my father. The atmosphere I kept feeling back home was that of a choking kind, a place where I could kill myself at any moment. In this school I could focus on something other than that.

The bus was near full as we left the last stop, the next destination being the ANHS campus. The last few to board were all students, wearing the same uniform as me, with gender separation in mind. We were now crossing an extremely long bridge, we're almost there. I was just planning on staring out the window till we get there, but...

Before I could do so, I felt a slight tug on my left sleeve.

"Hm?" I made a noise of confusion as I looked at the person to my left.

She was a girl, also clad in our school uniform. She had lilac colored hair and a curious look on her face.

"Um, is anything the matter?" I asked.

"Your eyes lack ambition, yet you enroll into this school. Why is that?" She replied with a question of her own.

"My apologies for my bluntness but that is none of your business."

"Mm, I see, do let me apologize as well. My curiosity got the best of me." She turned to look back towards the front with a smug grin.

What is with that face? Why do I feel so uncomfortable with that smug face of hers?

As I was turning my head back towards the window, I see that we just crossed the bridge. The campus walls came into view, a beautiful white and red color scheme to them. We started slowing down as I saw the entrance a couple meters away.

The students on this bus started to get ready to leave as the bus came to a full halt. The lilac haired girl beside me picked up a cane which was out of my peripheral vision. So she has a disability huh, she has my sincere sympathies. It took her quite a while to get up from the seat then out the bus, but she stumbled on the pavement causing her to lose balance.

"Look out." Before I knew it, I caught her from behind, grabbing her shoulders. We then walked to the side to make way for everyone else, and allow the girl to get back on her feet.

"Ah thank you, I apologize for that."

"No need, you have a disability, no way around that."

"You seem very modest, what's your name?" Introductions huh?

"Maida Yasushi, pleasure to meet you. What's yours?"

"I'm Sakayanagi Arisu, the pleasure is all mine Maida-kun."

"Do you need help getting to your assigned classroom? I could come with you."

"Oh please there's no need, I do not wish to trouble you any further."

"Are you sure?" I was actually a bit worried.

"Yes, please don't trouble yourself with me, I'm sure you would want to get acquainted with your classmates."

"Alright if that's what you want. I'll see you around Sakayanagi-san." I said making my leave.

"Yes, I look forward to seeing you in the campus Maida-kun." I wonder if that was true. Well it wouldn't really matter either way.