A Look Into The Future

Yasushi POV

My name is Sakayanagi Yasushi, 22 years old. I was currently walking towards a certain site. My family's grave site.

It had been over four years since I left the Advanced Nurturing High School, and at last, I finished college. It was finally a good time to visit them. My companions also joined me, but they decided to give me alone time with my late parents before coming to the actual shrine.

I pulled the key that the shrine keeper gave me, and unlocked the gate. Swinging it open, I got a clear view of the shrine.

"Looks like they've treated the place well." I commented.

I walked up to the shrine and sat down on one side of the pavement.

"Mother, father, I've returned. Its been seven long years but...I'm back."

I have to thank the chairman again for giving them a private shrine, that way I can always have alone time here.

"There's a lot of things I'd like to tell you about but, I suppose I should start with this. I managed to survive high school and college, and I even got myself a girlfriend, who I promised to marry very soon. It's just a shame my leg never managed to heal."

My cane was still with me, after all these years. After the incident during my first-year of high school, I got into a few more fights. When we took on a guy named Hosen Kazuomi, he bashed his fist against my leg, having me to go to the infirmary again. Then in another island exam, where Arisu and I were by the beach, a girl named Nanase Tsubasa accidentally tripped on me. It was basically a string of bad luck.

Things got a bit hectic in college, but since I graduated in Class A, I managed to get into a good one. Arisu thought it was necessary for me to stay safe against this White Room organization she was talking about. 

She insisted that I stay out of it, so I did as I was told and continued with my life in college. 

"Once we manage to get on our feet again, I'll visit here every week. But I hope you keep an eye on us. I'll continue to fulfill my promise for as long as I can." 

I heard footsteps behind me as I was reminiscing about my time with my father.

"Ah, I'd like both of you to meet someone, and reintroduce a few people." 

A hand reached out to my cane, then that person sat down beside me.

"Meet Kushida Kikyou, my soon to be wife." I said, looking at the woman beside me. 

"Ehehe, you sound really sure of yourself Yasushi-kun." 

Kikyou had changed. She grew her hair out, and grew a little taller. She was more elegant than ever. 

"Its nice to meet you both, Mr and Mrs Maida." Kikyou said, bowing. 

"Hello again, Takao and Naoki, I hope you're both doing well, wherever you are." 

"Greetings to you once again, I thank you for having taken care of Yasushi-kun before we adopted him." 

The chairman and his daughter stood behind us, having greeted my biological parents. 

"Have you found your closure, Yasushi? I know that's what Takao would have wanted for you." The chairman said to me. 

"Yes, I have. I'm glad I did, because I can finally move on with Kikyou." 

"Kikyou-san, would you mind living with us? After all, you'll be family soon." Arisu asked. 

"I don't mind, but I would like some alone time with Yasushi-kun every once in a while."